The Prank

Lydia

I knew the boys would be awake at night waiting for us. So my plan came in three parts, the decoy, the assault and the chase. Annie and I had spent clean up filling water a bucket of water balloon and stashing it in the tree's along the path to the head's place and Knight's Burrow. As soon as "bed time" began, I sent Casey and Annie off to Knights Burrow where they would be "caught" and have to take the walk of shame back to Backwood. They're silly string covered arrival was our signal everything was on track.

"What happened, dumb plan didn’t work tonight?" Natalie asked when Casey and Annie walked up pulling silly string out of their hair. "Aren't you a bit early too? I thought the heads operate under the cover of darkness. The sun isn't even fully set yet."

"Actually, everything worked great. This is what we wanted to happen," Annie said proudly and walked with Casey back to the Palace. "Bait was taken perfectly, all set for phase two."

"How'd she do?" I nodded at Casey. This was her trial run, and it seemed she'd done wonderfully.

"She did great. Like she was born to prank and run. I mean it Lyds, you should this girl run." Annie wrapped her arm around Casey's shoulders causing her to blush. She must not be used to being complimented.

"Wonderful," I said. "You guys go get cleaned up and relax for a bit. You'll be on watch tonight."

"So we're not going to sleep tonight?"

"Not as much as the JAV's this we should." I said, jumping back in the tent to finish packing my supply bag, nicknamed the goody bag. It was the blue draw string bag I carried everything I needed for pranks in. "Janie, you got your bed stuffed?"

"Just like Hayley showed me." She said.

"Good, because you're up." I pulled the goody bag closed. "You ready?"

"So, I'm just suppose to watch to see if they go to sleep?" she asked.

"Yes. They have to be asleep for this to work. They already got the red herring prank, so hopefully they think that tonight's prank is over with and it's safe to sleep. It's always best to lure your enemy into a false sense of security." I told her.

"Do you plan to do anything with intelligence agencies or the military when you're an adult?" Casey asked. "Because it seems like you've got it all down pat."

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Haven't thought that far into the future, to be honest. Right now we should focus at the task at hand, messing with the guys for the pure fun of it. Remember Janie, you have to be silent the whole time. They can't hear or see you or they'll know something is up. It's super important that they think what Casey and Annie did was the nights prank."

"Gotcha," Janie pulled on her black hoodie and hopped out the back of the tent. "Anything else?"

"Annie, you should go with her." Hayley said.

"Why? It's just a scout mission, she can handle it." Annie said. "I just got back from running like crazy, I'm tired."

"Trainee's are supposed to be supervised," Hayley argued. "That's how it always been."

"They you go with her." Annie said.

"I think she'll do fine on a solo scouting," I said. "Go on Janie. Come back when you're sure they're asleep."

Janie took off down the path and Hayley and Allie dropped the tent flaps, even though it was a warm enough night that closing the flaps meant a hot and stuffy tent. But we couldn’t risk anything going wrong, that included the residence of tent three being able to see into our tent. Plus, we didn’t want to keep everyone wake with our flashlights. That would be mean.