Next Morning, anger and fights

Wes

Dominic screaming "You assholes!" was the sweet sound we woke up to the next morning. God was it hard to not start laughing.

"What's wrong Dominic?" Jack asked with false innocence.

"Oh you know what's wrong dick head." Dominic yelled. "You put frogs in my duffle bag." Sitting up in my bed, I could see a few of the tiny frogs Lydia and Hayley had caught jumping from Dominic's bag and hopping to freedom.

"Dude we told you not to leave your bag unzipped. Frogs get in the tent on hot nights. It's cooler in here or something." Jack shrugged and slipped out of the tent towards the bathroom. I looked at Keith and Alexi, not knowing what was going to happen next. We watched as Dominic jumped after him and followed close behind.

"Shit he's going to start something." I leapt out of my sleeping bag and the three of us ran after them just as Dominic shoved him against the wall of the bathrooms when they were close enough.

"What the hell man?" Jack yelled.

"Apologize."

"Dude, I didn’t do shit. Get off me!" Keith and I tried to pry Dominic off of Jack.

"Dude, get off."

"What are you made of stone?"

"Hey, hey, what's going on here?" Mark yelled, running over to us and looking from Jack against the wall to Dominic holding him there. "Why am I not surprised it's you Dobbs? And god damn in Lens, get off him." Dominic glared at Jack before letting him go.

"This asswipe and his friends put frogs in my suitcase."

"Dude how many times do we have to tell you we didn’t do it?" Jack yelled back. "You seriously went and jumped me for something I didn’t do?"

"We were here all night, there's no way we could have put frogs in there ourselves. We warned him that frogs can get in on hot nights when the flaps are open. We're bordering the forest, they wander in. It happens and we warned him. Besides, I know I can barely catch a frog during the day. Jack, Keith and Alexi aren't much better than me. Could you imagine the four of us trying to catch them with flashlights in one hand?" I laughed, pretending to find the idea amusing. It wasn’t really that hard, last night had been amusing, which is one of the reasons I had enlisted the girls help. They were better frog hunters then me.

I could feel Mark staring me down, trying to see if I was lying. I had never particularly liked Mark, more because he hated Jack for no reason than anything else. I had also obviously not been his favorite at any point of the time we'd known each other. He didn’t hate me, Alexi or Keith. Just Jack. He also didn't not trust me. Sure I'd never been his star camper, in fact I was pretty sure he favored Dominic over all of us. But I knew he couldn’t prove anything, and he didn’t hate all of us enough to condemn us to the Big House.

"Alexi, is that true? You didn’t leave the tent last night?"

"Yes sir, it's true. Didn’t leave once," he chose his words carefully. Alexi was a lousy liar, but great at manipulating his words so that he wouldn’t have to lie.

"You can't seriously be believing this bullshit. Are you kidding me?" Dominic yelled.

"The Fortress has always had a frog problem Dominic. I suggest you close your bag from now on and put it in a place things can't get into. Now let it go," Mark looked at the four of us, forcing us to resist celebrating our getting away with it. "No more funny business you four. I don't care that you have your little prank war against the girls, I'm fine with it just like everyone else. But don't be dragging in other members of the sections who's honor you're supposed to be defending."