Sneaking out, The Trick, Following and Being the Same

Dominic

"You're not supposed to be here," one of the girls in Dani and Natalie's tent hissed at Dominic when he climbed through the tent flaps. The heads weren’t the only one's who liked to sneak out.

"What's your point?" Dominc sneered.

"Jenna, it's fine." Natalie said. She and Dani crawled out of their sleeping bags and flipped on their flashlights. Dominic smiled, both of them wore just their pajama shorts and tank tops. "Keep watch for us. We won't be gone long."

"Natalie, this is a bad idea," Jena warned. Dominic rolled his eyes at the girl. She didn’t trust him, which meant she was annoyingly smart. But he wasn’t taking the two girls to the old cabin to do anything distasteful. No, that came later. After their job was done.

This time, he wasn’t even taking them, not really. Dani was taking them, she'd found the place last week after the heads had casted her out. She thought it would be a good place for them to meet. "Just keep watch," Natalie ordered, and the Jenna girl shut her trap and crawled back into her bed.

"Leadership looks good on you. You should try it more often," Dominic complimented as they followed after Dani. Natalie was the type of girl he'd like if he ever decided to like people as more than just tools and toys for him to use and play with. Unlike Dani, who was just that to him. A tool and plaything. He'd use her all he wanted and never give her a second thought the minute he left camp.

"Thank you," Natalie smiled and so did Dominic.

"You guys keeping up?" Dani called over her shoulder before stopping and waiting for them.

"Did you ever find that notebook, Dani?" Dominic asked.

"Yeah, well I mean I know where she hides it," Dani took his hand and smiled. Right, they were supposed to be in love. That's how he was keeping her on his side, their tragic love story. He had the faintest idea that she was getting jealous of Natalie, maybe she could tell the difference between his fake attraction to her and his real attraction to Natalie. No matter, the jealous could come in handy if need be. Perhaps it could make Dani work harder to keep his so called love.

"Where is it?"

"She keeps it in a bo under the tent. She moved it there when she moved back into the Palace. I don't think she saw me watching when she hid it."

The trio moved toward the Palace and around the back. Dominic thought about how stupid it was for them to have named their tents. The Palace, the Fortress, why the hell did anyone car what the tent they lived in was called? All the other tents were just numbered, but the heads had to go glorify their living space, which was the same as everyone else's, and name them ridiculous things.

"There," Dani flashed her light on a small shoe box hidden beneath leaves and sticks in the space between the tent platform and the ground.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Open it!" Dominic instated, growing more impatient. He needed to know what was in that notebook, what was it that made Lydia Hanson and all the other heads unravel?

Dani pulled the box out and opened it, revealing the blue notebook. Dominic eagerly snatched it from her hands and flipped it open.

It was blank.

A small note fluttered toward Dominic's feet, having been shaken loose from the binding between two pages.

Dear assholes,

I know Dani told you about my notebook. I know you wanted to use it against me to somehow use my issues against the heads. I don't know what your problem is with me or the heads, but that's fucked up. You don't use someone's triggers to mess with them. So I'm done. I'm don't messing around and playing games with you. My friends agree. Stay away from us, or we'll crush you.