Jokes, Futures, Fears and an Ugly World

Wes

Lydia had been right, they knew.

"So, Wes, how was it?" Keith hooked his arm around me and laughed as I walked back into the guys room.

"How was what?" I asked, pretending I didn’t know what he was talking about.

"You know exactly what," Jack said.

"No clue what it is you're talking about. You're going to have to clue me in."

"You know," Alexi said. "Whatever you and Lydia were doing in the third bedroom that took you so long to come out."

"Yeah, we've all been out of the hot tub and changed for like twenty minutes. It was your first time, it couldn’t have lasted too long. What happened? You two fall asleep afterwards?" Keith asked.

"I thought guys were suppose to be chill about these things," I rolled my eyes.

"We would be, if you'd tell us what exactly you mean by these things," Keith laughed. "Come on buddy, admit it. You and Lydia just did the nasty and you won't say because you're afraid your girlfriend will kick our asses."

"I'm not afraid of anything that has to do with it, especially that she'd kick your ass. Why should I be afraid of that, not my ass being kicked." I shrugged. "But yeah, we had sex."

"Dude, congrats." Keith slapped me on the back.

The teasing from the guys wasn’t so bad. Maybe it was because they knew if they took it too far I'd try to kick their ass, then when I couldn’t Lydia would. The majority of the teasing came from Annie, who couldn’t stop laughing when she told me my shirt was the wrong way and started to tear up when I tried to check only to see she was lying.

"Oh shut up, Annie. Or when you have your first time I'm going to blow up a bunch of condoms with helium like balloons and make you a congratulations banner to hang up in your dorm room," Lydia rolled her eyes as we sat in the basement eating pizza.

"And where are you going to get the helium?" Annie asked.

"I know a guy," Lydia shrugged and finished off her piece. "I'm sure he'd gladly help me out."

"Lydia Hanson, everyone, queen of random sources for random things," Allie announced.

"What? I make friends with people who can later owe me favors if I ask. It's a handy skill to have," Lydia laughed.

"Yeah, me and Alexi have a few guys back on the island that owe us some favors," Keith said.

"Yeah, but the best we've got is a guy who can change report cards. Which we never need," Alexi pointed out.

"Yet. Which we have never needed yet," Keith corrected. "But I mean, senior year coming up, we might need it."

"Can you guys believe we're going to be seniors?" Annie asked.

"Speak for yourself," Allie grumbled. "I'll still be a sophomore and you guys are almost adults."

"Yeah, remind me again why we hang out with you?" Keith laughed. "I'm kidding Allie, you know we all adore you."

"Some more than others," Hayley mumbled. "No but seriously. We're all almost what most people consider grown up. How weird is that?"

"Extremely," Lydia agreed. "Especially since half the people in this room have the maturity levels of a ten year old."