Beautiful pranks, Confrontations and Formulations

Lydia

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well in that moment nothing I'd ever seen anything more beautiful than a perfectly executed prank.

"Beautiful, really, you're a artist Lyds," Hayley said, staring down at our handy work.

"Not so shabby yourself my friend," I giggled. Together, we had completely dyed Domidick's hair all the colors of the rainbow. It had taken seven bottles of spray in hair dye that we'd brought for tie-dye day and about three hours of spraying and respraying to make sure it stayed in nice and good. "How are the nails coming?"

"Almost done," Allie whispered, finishing the pinkie nail and screwing the cap on. "There. Let's see how he likes that tomorrow."

"Eyeliners and mascara is done and lipstick is applied," Annie smiled. "God, I don't understand how this boy hasn’t woken up yet. We seriously went all out on his face."

"Hard sleeper," Wes whispered and shrugged his shoulders. "You guys should get back soon, the sun is going to come up in a few hours and you want some sleep before the trumpet blows."

"Yeah, he's right. Come on guys," I nodded my head toward the back of the tent, motioning us to go. "Have fun with him tomorrow morning."

"Wait, Hayley, I found this," Jack held out Hayley's raggedy old teddy bear. She squealed and took him, hugging Jack fast before running back to the rest of us.

"Oh my god thank god he got this back. I get nightmares every time I don't sleep with him if I can even sleep at all," Hayley said as we walked back.

"Well, you'll be fine now. Jack is a good guy, he takes care of us. All of them do," I smiled. "Now remember, be quiet when we get back to the tent. Dani is still sleeping in there, we don't want her waking up."

"Hanson, we need to talk," I heard someone yell from behind me. It was after activities and lunch, I sitting at the archery range waiting for the gang to meet me up there and the Senior in charge to open the shack so I could start practicing. I stood up from my bench and turned to find Dominic, in all his rainbow hair and colored nail glory, standing behind me.

It took everything in my being not to laugh, "Hey Dominic, um, experimenting with new coloring? Couldn’t decide, could you?"

"Drop the act, Lydia. I know it was you," he came closer to where I stood.

"You can't prove anything, Domidick. That's the beauty of going to a tech free camp, no cameras to prove who committed what prank."

"I guess I'll just have to get you back now," he smirked, looking down at me. "Such a pity, I'd hoped I wouldn’t have to retaliate against you and your friends. I really do like you Lydia. I like all you girl heads."

"You even think about making some type of innuendo and I'll slap that sly smirk off your face," I glared at him, wondering where the Senior and my friends where.

"You know, I got to hand it to you Lydia, the prank was clever. The makeup was easy to wipe off, but the nail polish and hair are more tricky. Especially since no one seems to have nail polish remover in this place. Not to mention one would ever suspect you of coming up with putting makeup and nail polish on a boy. After all, you detest most girlish things. Maybe they'd even dismiss the colorful hair as something you couldn’t possibly come up with. But not me."

"But you know better, right? You just have me all figured out, don't you?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not, not completely. But parts of your mind, yes. After all, I looked through your notebooks. Your journal, your prank plans. Wonderful idea for a senior prank by the way, your classmates will love it and your school will be stumped. But really Lydia, you should work on hiding spots. Inside your pillow case is not very original, is it?"