Chapter 4: Unpacking and Ice Cream

Green and I have just arrived at my house. Leafy was in the kitchen making herself some lunch and said that she made us some. She said that she wanted to have a picnic. "Hey Red, where's your bathroom?" Green asked. "Around the corner and it's the first door on the left." I explained while pointing in the right direction. Green nodded his head and walked off. "Leafy! Guess what!" I said. "What?" Leaf asked with a confused face. "Green is gay!" I said. Leaf's eyes opened wide, and then a huge smile spread across her face. "No way! Now you can have a boyfriend!" Leaf said in excitement. I was gonna tell her more, but we heard the bathroom door open. "Okay, now that Green is back, lets go eat!" Leaf said as she led us outside.

Leafy had decorated the patio table. She picked flowers from the flower beds and laid a table cloth over the table. It looked nice, Leaf has good decorating skills. We each took our seats and began to eat. "So Green, where's Blue?" Leaf asked. "Oh, he's at home with his friend." He explained. "What is Blue like? Is he a good guy?" She asked while biting into her sandwich. Green glanced over towards me, and I shrugged. "Well, I guess so, why?" He asked. "I think he's really cute!" Leaf said with a smile. Green looked away from Leaf, he looks uncomfortable. "You should tell him I said that." She said with a wink. Geez, Leaf does shit like this all the time. She won't tell the dude herself that she likes him, she has someone else do it. Oh well, at least it's not me. Green gave her an awkward smile and said he would. "Well, we're done, thanks for lunch Leafy, we'll be going inside now." I thanked as I dragged Green inside.

I led him towards my room, and I noticed his face was flushed. Was he blushing? He
looked cute. "Sorry about the mess, I haven't finished unpacking." I explained. "It's fine,
do you want me to help you unpack?" He asked. I didn't expect him to want to help me unpack, but I could use some help. "If you don't mind, that would be great." I said. Green nodded his head and picked up a box. I put on my Justin Timberlake album and
we began unpacking my shit. I couldn't help but dance with the music, I guess I got it from Leaf. Green started to dance a little until I noticed his face was flushed again. I looked into the box he was unpacking and noticed my underwear. I was looking for those! "Sorry that you saw my underwear. I'll take care of them." I explained. I didn't know it would embarrass him to see someone else's underwear. Green must get uncomfortable about those kinds of things.  

After a few hours of unpacking, my room looked pretty good. Green suggested that I should move my dresser to a different wall to make my room look bigger, and it did. The room was more evened out. "You wanna get some ice cream?" Green asked. "We don't have any ice cream at the house." I said while I sat on my bed. "No, I mean go to the ice cream store a block over." He explained. "Ohh, yeah sure." I said. Green nodded his head and we walked out of my room. I thought about inviting Leaf, but I kinda just want it to be only us.

We've arrived to the ice cream parlor and ordered the flavor we wanted. I got rocky road and Green got mint chocolate chip. Why is it green? Oh wait, did he get it to match his name? Green and I were enjoying our ice cream until some woman came into the store and raised hell with the girl that works here. She claimed that her ice cream was already melting and it was more than one scoop. She made the poor girl do it over again and then gave her the money in change. The woman finally left without even saying thank you. "What a dusty old bitch." I said quietly. Green laughed which cause him to get ice cream on his cheek. "Here, let me help you." I said as I wiped it off his cheek. Green's face immediately turned red. He awkwardly thanked me, but he didn't look at me while he said it. Does he like me? I need to do more stuff like that to him, it's pretty cute.    

After our ice cream, Green and I started walking towards our houses. I honestly didn't want this day to end. I was having a great time with him. I'm glad that I didn't bring Leafy, she would freak out if she saw me wipe Green's cheek. "I have to help Gramps clean up his lab. I'll see you later." He said. "Alright, text me sometime." I said. I pulled him into a hug. He didn't hug back at first, but he eventually did. His face was even redder than earlier. He waved bye to me and started walking to his house. I think that I like him.

I walked into my house and found Leaf sitting in the living room reading a book. "So,
where did you go without telling me, again!" She asked while closing her book. "You're
not my mom, I don't have to tell you where I go." I said back. "But I still worry! What if
you were kidnapped!" She yelled. "I was with Green, I don't think that someone would
kidnap two teenage boys." I explained while rolling my eyes. "Will you please tell me
where you went?" She asked. "We went to get ice cream." I answered. "Why didn't you
invite me!? I've been bored all day!" She whined. "I wanted it to just be the two of us.
I'm starting to like him." I explained. "Ohhh, well then it's okay that you didn't invite
me, I get it. But OMG! You found a boyfriend!" She squealed. I rolled my eyes again,
Leafy always does that when ever I tell her I like someone, she overreacts. I walked up
the stairs to get to my room. Since Leaf is awake, she can wait for Mom to get home, I'm
gonna go to bed, I'm exhausted.