Chapter 2: Meeting the Neighbors

My family and I have lived in our new house for a week. Leafy and I have mostly been
hanging out with each other in the house instead of meeting new people. I honestly
don't know where to go to meet kids our age in this town. We've been to the local park,
but it's been only us. There's literally nothing to do in this terrible town. Mom has been
mostly working so we've been home alone. I'm tempted to go into Viridian City to see
what's there. I need some friends. I haven't seen Blue or Green since that night Leaf and
I ate at that diner. Leaf hasn't said anything about them, so I guess she's not interested
in seeing them.

Mom came back at around three in the afternoon. She told Leafy and I that the local Pokémon Professor wants us to join him for dinner tomorrow night. Great, I have to be social with some stranger. I'm not looking too forward to going, but I'm sick of being home. At least we'll be meeting the neighbors tomorrow. Maybe I could help out at his lab over the summer.

The Next Day

"Reddd! Come here!" Leaf yelled from her room. Ugh, I just sat down to eat my pizza rolls. I walked up the stairs towards Leaf's room and saw every dress that she owns sprawled on her bed. "What?" I asked, in an irritated voice. "Help me pick out my outfit for tonight." She said while looking through her shoes. "Why do you always ask me for help?" I asked. "Because you're so good at finding me clothes!" She replied happily. When we were younger, Mom couldn't get us ready for school since she had to be at work before school started. Since I was the oldest, I had to get myself and Leaf ready for school. This meant that I picked out her clothes. Up to this day, she still has me pick out her clothes for school. I'm not gonna lie, it's not that bad, it's only bad when you have pizza rolls waiting for you downstairs. I scanned through her clothes and saw a little black dress underneath the pile. "Here, wear this, and put on your big diamonds." I said. Leaf held the dress up to see what it would look like on, even though she's worn it a thousand times. "Perfect! Thanks so much Red!" She exclaimed. I rushed out of her room to eat my now cold pizza rolls, fantastic. It's now five and Mom told me to get ready to go to dinner. It's hot as hell so I can't wear my favorite pair of jeans. I put on some khaki shorts and a red polo shirt. I mean, I look good in red. Leaf had on the dress I picked out and looked really pretty actually. I did pretty good. I'm still hoping that the professor is as hot as Professor Kukui. I would never leave his lab. "Red, Leaf, lets go!" Mom yelled from downstairs. Leaf and I rushed down the stairs to walk over to the professor's house to eat. Mom knocked on the door and an old man in a lab coat opened the door. Damnit, he's not hot, he's some old fart. I definitely don't want to see his lab coat unbuttoned. I sighed as I walked through the doors. The professor introduced himself as Professor Oak and led us to the living area of his lab. I was more interested in the actual lab. His living room was plain and boring, clearly a woman didn't live here. After Professor Oak stopped babbling about his research, he took us to his kitchen. Geez is this place a lab or a house! He showed us to the table and I noticed that there were six plates at the table. Who else lives here? "Oh! I need to call my grandsons to eat! I'm sure they're hungry." Oak explained as he poorly punched a number into his phone.

After his phone call, we heard a loud banging at the door, which startled Leaf and I. Mom looked mostly confused, this whole experience is confusing to be honest. Why weren't his grandsons already here? When Oak came back from the front door, Blue and Green were behind him. Leaf instantly started kicking my shins from under the table again. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Why didn't they tell us that Professor Oak was his grandfather! "What?! Blue?! Green?! You're his grandkids?!" Leaf exclaimed. She looked more excited than confused. "Yup." Blue replied while Green nodded his head. I still haven't heard him speak yet. "Oh! So you four have already met! Wonderful! Blue, Green, this is Ms. Olivia, Red and Leaf's mother." Oak explained as they each shook Mom's hand. They both took their seats and we began eating. I was sitting next to Green, and Leafy was sitting next to Blue. Leaf had his stupid smile and a blush on her face the whole time. I guess she must like him. "Green, pass me the mac'n'cheese, please." He said to Blue. "Um Gramps, I'm Blue." He corrected. "Quit dilly dallying and pass me them, Blue!" Oak said sternly. Blue rolled his eyes and passed him the food. I couldn't help but smile a little. I wonder if Oak always forgets their names.

Leaf and I kept quiet at the dinner table. Oak, Mom, and Blue talked most of the time, Green didn't say a word once. There's something mysterious about this boy. At least he's
not obnoxious like his brother. Blue kept talking about how good he is at sports and
how Green sucks at everything. It was pretty rude, but I'm pretty sure he was just
messing around. "So Red, are you planning on becoming a trainer after high school?"
Oak asked me. "Yeah I actually do." I replied. "Sounds awesome! If you need a starter
Pokémon, I can always give you one." Oak offered. "Oh it's okay, I already have a Pikachu." I explained. Leaf gave me one of those "really" faces and rolled her eyes. Pikachu was our family Pokémon. I already know that she wouldn't take Pikachu on a journey. Leafy is more into those pink, cutesy Pokémon. "Sounds awesome! Blue has an Eevee and Green has a Scyther already, looks like you're heading in the right direction!" He said enthusiastically. I smiled and nodded my head, wanting the conversation to be over.

After we got done eating, Oak dragged Mom upstairs to show her some more of the lab. Green, Blue, Leafy, and I sat in the living room awkwardly. "So, where did you come from before you moved here?" Blue asked. "We used to live on Melemele Island in the Alola region." Leaf explained. "Woah you're from Alola! You're so lucky! Green and I have lived here all of our lives." Blue said. Blue and Leafy continued talking to each other until Leaf asked if she could see his Eevee. They went upstairs leaving me and Green in the living room. "Sorry I haven't been able to actually introduce myself, whenever I'm with Blue, he takes over the conversation. I'm Green, the normal brother." He explained with his hand out. I shook his hand and looked at him. He had light green eyes and slightly lighter brown hair than Blue. I actually think that he might even be cuter. He was way nicer, that's for sure. Blue kept picking on him the entire time we were eating. "I'm Red." I said. "You and your sister must get along well. Every time we have have guests over, Blue has to point out that he's better than me because he was born first." He said with a laugh. "Sounds rough." I said. "I love him and all, but his ego is bigger than his heart. Poor kid has always been that way." He added. "Leaf and I are basically best friends. I love her to death." I explained. I truly do love her, she's precious to me. Mom then came down the stairs with Oak, Leafy, and Blue. She said that it's time for us to leave now. "I want to get to know you some more. Here, have my number." Green said as he took out a sheet of paper from a notebook. He scribbled down his number and handed me the sheet of paper. After, he asked for mine, so I gave it to him. I'm glad to know that I finally made a friend. My family and I left the lab and went back to our house. "That Oak is something else. He's more into Pokémon than anyone I know." She said as she put her purse down. "I like them, we should visit them more!" Leafy said excitedly. She must like Blue for sure then.

At around twelve in the morning, I got a text from Green.
"Hey, are you up?"
"Yeah."
"Do you wanna meet me at the park at noon tomorrow?"
"Sure."
"Great, see you tomorrow."
":)"

I guess I'll see Green at the park. Hah, I'd love to be alone with a hot guy all to myself. I need to find out if he's gay or not first, I don't wanna look like some psychopath flirting with him.