Chapter Twelve

"Pick up. Pick up. C'mon Lucy pick up." Zayn muttered with his phone pressed against his cheek.

"Zayn?" Lucy's voice was heard over the phone and Zayn exhaled a breath of relief.

"Thank god you answered I didn't think you would," Zayn said.

"Do you know where Lauren is?" Lucy asked, going straight to the problem at hand.

"Uh y-yeah I actually do know where she is." Zayn stuttered into the phone.

"Great. Where is she?" Lucy asked.

"Uh, w-well thing is. Funny thing is..I uh k-kinda kidnapped your g-girlfriend. Sorry." Zayn, a now stuttering mess, started pacing back and forth while Lauren watched.

"You did what!?" Lucy yelled into the phone.

"I'm sorry. Kehlani told me to. But listen, do you remember where the old war used to be at?" Zayn asked.

"Uh yeah,"

"Well there's this old abandon warehouse a mile away from where the war took place. That's where Lauren and I are. Be careful coming here cause it's suppose to be a trap." Zayn explained.

"Oh really, what is Kehlani planning to do, kill me?" Lucy joked.

"Uh y-yeah. She's actually planning to do that yeah." Zayn replied.

"Oh..tell Lauren I'm on my way." Lucy said and hung up. Zayn shoved his phone in his pocket and walked towards Lauren.

"Your girlfriends coming." Zayn informed. Lauren smiled but that smile quickly disappeared when she remembered that when Lucy does come and rescue her she's gonna be killed by the hands of Kehlani.

"She can't come. Kehlani is gonna kill her." Lauren spoke.

"Trust me when I say that Lucy is not the one dying tonight." Zayn said.

-

"Guys I found Lauren c'mon." Lucy informed the girls as she started out the door.

"How'd you find her?" Normani asked as she followed Lucy, the others right behind her.

"Zayn called." Lucy replied.

"Zayn called?" Camila questioned.

"Yeah,"

"What if it's a trap." Dinah said.

"It is."

"If you know it's a trap why are you still going?" Ally asked.

"Because," Lucy stopped in her tracks and turned to face the others.

"Lauren needs me. Lauren needs us. And we need her." Lucy concluded. She turned back around and started walking toward the warehouse, where Lauren and Zayn were, for the warehouse was only two miles away.

When they arrived at the warehouse they quietly made their way inside and was greeted by Zayn.

"Follow me. Kehlani can be here any second." Zayn said. He lead Lucy and the girls toward where Lauren is.

"On my god Lauren!" Lucy exclaimed as she took sight of Lauren. Lucy didn't notice the mountain ash surrounding Lauren until she was pushed back by the barrier that can't allow werewolves in or out.

"Fuck! Ow!" Lucy cursed.

"What is that?" Ally asked pointing at the sand.

"Mountain ash." Lucy responded. She got up and pressed a hand to it. The sand pushed her back again while she muttered a few curse words.

"I'm guessing you didn't do this, did you?" Lucy asked.

"Nah, I told some kid to do it. I also told Kehlani that I killed the kid. But I didn't. I've never killed anyone before." Zayn said. Lucy nodded her head and looked at a now standing Lauren.

"I'm gonna get you outta there, alright babe." Lucy promised while Lauren nodded.

"No you won't." Lucy turned and so did the others to see Kehlani standing a few feet away from them.

"I can't believe you Zayn. But then again you've always been a pussy so it's not totally a shocker." Kehlani commented.

"I hate you so much." Zayn spoke as he tackled Kehlani to the floor. Kehlani kicked Zayn in the balls and knocked him over so she was free of his tackle. Kehlani then whipped out her claws and clawed at Zayn's chest. Zayn was now bleeding from his mouth and was having a hard time breathing. Five out of the six girls turned into their werewolf forms and growled at Kehlani.

"Get her while I get Lauren." Lucy growled. The girls nodded and lunged at Kehlani. Lucy turned to Lauren and placed her hands against the force field. She pushed forcefully at the barrier but nothing.

"I'm going to get you out of here I swear it." Lucy swore as she kept on trying to break Lauren free.

"Lucy." Lauren said.

"What Lauren? I'm trying to save you and-"

"I love you, Lucy." Lauren interrupted. Lucy stopped everything and looked around her. Dinah was fighting off Kehlani while Kehlani clawed Normani to the ground. Ally and Camila were already on the ground bleeding and healing. Zayn got up from the ground and clawed at Kehlani's back. Lucy looked away and back at Lauren.

"I love you, Lucy."

Lucy groaned roughly as she kept pushing the force field, her eyes glowing a bright gold. Lauren looked at Lucy's eye color as it kept changing. It was changing from a glowing gold to a glowing bright red. Lucy finally pushed through the barrier and Lauren was finally free.

Both girls hugged an then let go to look at the others. Kehlani was on the ground and so was Zayn while the others were hunch back with their hands on their knees breathing heavily. The girls walked over to Lucy and Lauren and hugged them.

"Lucy. Your eyes. They changed." Lauren said.

"That's because she's an alpha now," Kehlani said as she tried to get up. Zayn was unnoticeably getting up as well.

"And she's not just any alpha, no no, she didn't have to steal this power to become what she is now." Kehlani was full of fury now.

"She's a true alpha." Lauren whispered but Lucy heard and took a glance at her girlfriend.

"Yes. She may be an alpha now but I'm still an alpha too. What do you say Lucy how bout it. True Alpha vs. Alpha let's see who will win." Kehlani challenged. Suddenly Zayn was no longer on the floor and instead his claws were buried deep in Kehlani's back. He lifted her up then threw her against the warehouse walls. Once her body had slammed against the metal walls she immediately turned to dust and vanished.

The girls, in shock, looked over at Zayn in awe. He just saved their lives.

"Zayn, your eyes." Lucy stepped forward, toward Zayn.

"I know. Like I said I never killed anyone. And now I'm my own alpha. But I still need a pack." Zayn said.

"Well, how bout that." Dinah said.

"You can join our pack. Even though we do have an alpha. You both can lead the pack." Normani offered.

"Yeah you guys can be like co-alphas or some shit." Camila said.

"I'm down." Zayn smiled.

"Alright. Let's get out of here." Lucy said. She took ahold of Lauren's hand and kissed her girlfriend on the lips.

"Haven't done that in awhile." Lucy smiled into the kiss.

"Feels amazing." Lauren commented as they pulled away from the kiss.

-