Chapter Thirteen.

I woke up. Alone. I was wearing my overly large Chelsea shirt. I hauled myself out of bed and put on some grey tracksuit bottoms and went downstairs.

“Morning!” Charlotte said.

“Hey,” I smiled as she thrust a mug of coffee in my hand. I sipped it. HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK, THAT’S HOT.

I pulled a face.

“Too hot?” She asked.

“Just a bit…” I said, sticking my tongue under the cold tap.

“Chloe, what are you doing?” Charlotte laughed.

Well, since you gave me a LETHAL cup of coffee, I’m cooling my tongue off.

“Nothing…” I said, pulling my tongue from under the tap and turning to her. She laughed again. It’s not funny, now I’ll probably need tongue surgery. Does tongue surgery exist? I don’t know… I guess if you had tongue cancer they’d need to operate… If tongue cancer existed… Why aren’t there any tongue related diseases? The tongue must be a pretty strong muscle, especially if you live in a country where you have to roll your r’s… Zayn came into the kitchen, interrupting my tongue thoughts.

“Morning Ladies,” He grinned, putting some bread in the toaster.

“What are you so happy about?” I said, sensing a happy air about Zayn this morning. That’s right, I can sense people’s auras. Well, no, I can’t actually. The huge smile plastered across Zayn’s face gave me a huge clue that he was happy.

“Isn’t the world just a grand place? The sun is shining, the birds are singing, it’s a glorious day.”

Okay, there was something really wrong with this kid this morning.

“Zayn?” I folded my arms and looked at him skeptically.

“All in good time, my dear.” Zayn said, taking his toast and leaving the kitchen.

MY DEAR?! WHO DID HE THINK HE WAS?! MY GRANDMA?! Ahaha, Grandma Zayn, with his knitting needles and his cats. I just got a mental image of Zayn with a granny wig on, sitting in an arm chair with a floral shawl around his shoulders and knitting a scarf for Mr. Fluffy, one of his many cats. Again, my thoughts were interrupted, this time, by Ellie.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hiya.” She said.

Wow, she was walking strangely.

“What happened to you, you cripple?” I laughed.

“Harry,” She groaned. Oh right. She didn’t have to explain any further. I knew what it felt like. Ha, cz I’m a hoe.

I passed her a mug of coffee.

“Be careful, it’s hot.” I said. My coffee came with warnings. Not like Charlotte’s cup of death.

“What kind of idiot would drink a steaming cup of coffee anyway?” Ellie said, putting the cup down.

“That idiot, right there.” Charlotte pointed at me.

Ellie laughed.

Now I was a figure of fun. Great.

“Does Chloe have a poorly tongue?” Ellie cooed.

Not funny. Tongue burns are no laughing matter.

“Poor baby,” Charlotte said.

“Bye guys,” I said, walking out the room.

I heard them laughing as I left. Lovely.

I went into the living room, Harry was chilling on the sofa in nothing but tracksuit bottoms.