Chapter Three.

“Right, I’m off to bed.” Liam said, with a yawn.

“Me too.” Charlotte said.

“Night!” We called as they left the room.

“And then… There were five.” Harry said, looking around the room.

We were watching a film. ‘The Social Network’ to be precise. But we weren’t properly watching it, because Harry kept either attacking people with cushions or sliding around on the floor, like some form of retarded dog. And it was distracting, to say the least.

“Make that four,” Ellie said, with a yawn.

“Three.” Hannah said.

“Two.” Zayn got up and left the room.

“Please don’t go to bed.” Harry said, “I’m not tired and I don’t want to be alone.”

“Fine, but you have to promise not to be annoying.” I said.

“Harry never promises anything.” Harry said, with a smirk.

“Harry…” I warned.

“Okay, yes, yes, I’ll be good.” Harry nodded, we watched the film in silence for a bit. But the silence was too good to be true.

“Oi, Chloe.” Harry said.

“What?” I turned to face him.

“Do you ever really miss Louis?”

Louis. I hadn’t thought about him for ages.

“Yeah… I mean… kind of.” I shrugged.

“I think about him… A lot… More than I should actually. He was my best friend.” Harry sighed.

“I know.” I said, sadly.

“But what about you? I mean, you were in love with him.”

“I guess it wasn’t meant to be,” I said, doubtfully, “I mean, if it was meant to be, fate would’ve fixed it up for us.”

“You believe in that bullshit?” Harry asked.

“Well… I guess so.” I smiled.

“But… Why?”

“I don’t know… Because I believe the universe has some affect on our lives…”

Harry deflated, “Utter shit.”

“Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.” I shrugged.

“Well… obviously.” Harry smiled.

“Hey,” I said, quickly trying to change the subject, “What time is orientation tomorrow?”

“For our course, it’s 2pm.”

Our course. Even hearing those words made me shudder. Harry and I were the only ones in our group taking English Literature. And everyone knows how unreliable Harry is. So naturally, being on the same course as him, attending the same lectures as him could possibly be really unfortunate. I’d have to keep reminding him to work, or pay attention… And I didn’t want to deal with that. But unfortunately, this is how it was. I looked at the time, it was 11:30pm… We’d need to be up by eleven tomorrow… So maybe another half an hour until bed. Maybe. If I could put up with Harry for that long.

“Um Chloe?”

“What now?”

“Do you think Ellie wants to marry me?”

At this question, I laughed. What kind of question was it?

“I don’t know, why the fuck are you worried about that?” I giggled.

“Because… Well… She’s been saying stuff.”

“Like?”

“Like… I love you and stuff.”

I fell back laughing.

“Oh my god Harry, please tell me you’re joking?”

“No?”

“Just because a girl tells you she loves you, doesn’t mean she wants to fucking marry you, you div.”

“Oh…” Harry blushed, “Did you want to marry Louis?”

STOP GOING ON ABOUT LOUIS.

“Well… I was only sixteen… You know, young and in love.” I said.

“Did it ever cross your mind?” Harry asked.

“Well… Yes. Let’s be honest, it crosses every girl’s mind at some point. Serious boyfriend, you think, we could get married.”

“Oh god…”

“Just because she thinks that, doesn’t mean you actually have to marry her!” I said, laughing again, “Why don’t you want to marry Ellie anyway?”

“Well… I do… It’s just… Commitment…”

“Ahh, we have a Chandler on our hands, afraid of commitment… Well Harry, every Chandler meets their Monica.” I said.

“Chloe?” Harry said.

“Yeah?”

“I’ve never watched Friends, ever. So what you just said to me, makes no sense.”

“Well, Styles, basically, Chandler is a man afraid of commitment.”

“I guessed as much.” Harry said.

“And he met Monica, who had been his friend for ages, and then he fell in love with her.”

“Ellie.” Harry whispered.

“Exactly,” I started, “And then, Chandler overcame his fear and married Monica… And then, they adopted twins, called Erica and Jack… oh it was so sweet!”

Harry nodded.

“So I should ask her to marry me!”

“Well… That’s not exactly what I meant… I just meant that you shouldn’t be afraid of commitment. Especially if you love the person you’re committing too.” I smiled.

“Okay. Thank you.” Harry said.

“No problem, I’m off to bed now. Night!” I said, smiling sweetly and then making my way upstairs. I would sleep well tonight, that was certain!