[24] Creek's Dead, Poppy Isn't

Hey guys! If you are enjoying this story, please share and comment. :) I live seeing your comments and what you think/feel about this book!
Thanks,
Katie
:)

"You okay?" Branch asked Poppy, as he rubbed her forehead.

"No......" she said. "I don't feel so good. I'm really dizzy."

"You'll be okay, babe. Just relax. Hey, Peppy, do you have an ice pack?" Branch asked Peppy.

"Sure do!" Peppy said, and placed it on Poppy's forehead. "There you go, sweetie."

"Thanks Daddy and Branch," Poppy said. "What happened to Creek?"

"Branch took care of him. He's gone now," Peppy assured him.

Poppy smiled at Branch. "Nice."

Peppy walked off, and Branch looked at her.

"Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah. I just....you remember when you told me that the world isn't always all cupcakes and rainbows a while ago?"

Branch nodded. "Yup."

"Well, I'm starting to realize you were right," Poppy sighed.

"Oh, Poppy," said Branch. "You'll be alright. We're all fine, we're alive, Creek's gone...."

"Yeah," Poppy said. "I guess so."

Branch smiled. "Good. Now......"

Before anyone could think, Branch pushed Poppy up against the cage, kissed her lips, and dripped his fingers up her face and up her waist, making her giggle and move around.

Branch broke from the kiss, and Poppy was breathing heavy from laughing.

Thanks for reading! More coming soon :D