[14] This Is Going To Be Harder Than Branch Thought...

Lol, I think I'm addicted to writing this book.
I'm usually texting or something, but instead I'm writing a story, lol.
Hope you guys are enjoying this so far! See that star button below? Click it if you think Poppy and Branch will be together. See that star button below? Click it if you think Poppy and Creek will end up together. 😊 Ah, just click it! :)
On with the book! 😃

"Poppy? Poppy, are you here?" Branch called down the hallway, until he heard the sound of her singing voice.

She was singing, Get Back Up Again, but it sounded like a sad, depressed version of it.

"Poppy?" Branch asked, quietly as he opened her door. "Are you okay?"

Poppy was gray, and her voice was so quiet, almost silent. "Why did you do this to me, Branch?"

"Poppy," he grabbed her waist. He was surprised she didn't pull me away, but you could tell she wasn't liking it. "I swear on Troll tree that I haven't done anything. Why would I tell you that I would protect you if I was just going to hurt you?"

Poppy didn't say anything at first. Branch leaned over to her, but she pulled him back, gently.

"You tell me," she murmured. "Why do you hate me, Branch? Why?"

"Poppy, I don't hate you! If anything, I love you, Poppy! Can't you see that?"

She shook her head. "Not anymore I can't."

"Come on, Poppy. After everything we've been through together, you think I'm a jerk?"

"That's how Creek was," she said.

Branch put his hand on her face so that way she would face him.

"But I'm not Creek."

Poppy started to smile, but she quickly turned away from him and folded her arms.

"I'm sorry, Branch," she said. "But I'm just not falling for it."

He sighed. "Poppy, please? Why don't you believe me?"

"After what I've been through with Creek? I don't trust you anymore, Branch."

Branch sighed.

This was going to be a lit harder than he thought.