twenty- five - photography

Fun Fact: After reading this imagine over and over again in my head, I came to the conclusion that this was the same outline I used for the You're Not My Kind Of Girl Series. So instead of changing the whole thing, the ending will just be different. Sorry about that.

_____________

Your Point of View.

I snapped away on my camera as Odell stared at his new girlfriend Samantha in love and admiration on his face.

For a living, I was a photographer for a big time company who's client today was my best friend who I've loved since we were little.

Taking a couple of pictures as I saw fit, I tried to smile as I demanded the two to kiss each other.

If you asked for my opinion, I thought this was unnecessary, but in the end, I kept my mouth shut.

I didn't even want him to kiss her at all, but how was I to intervene in their relationship when I was just a friend and nothing more.

She was a tall model who could win the hearts of many just by standing there looking pretty and I, on the other hand, was just an ordinary girl who read books for fun.

After finishing the shoot, I told them to dress back into their normal clothes, while I uploaded the new pictures onto my work computer.

Silently humming to a Bryson Tiller song I heard on the radio earlier, I started to pack up my equipment, leaving the computer behind for them to see my finished product.

"These look great y/n!" I heard a familiar voice exclaimed.

Turning my head at the sound, I saw Odell staring at my computer's screen in amazement.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem."

Zipping my equipment bag, I walked over to where he stood.

"I don't think I'll be able to hang out with you tonight. Samantha wants to spend some alone time with me," he winked, air quoting the word 'alone' with his fingers in mid-air.

Laughing on the outside at his words, on the inside, I was cringing. I did not want to know what they were doing in their alone time together. Not at all.

This also was the sixth time he canceled plans with me, for her, and I was starting to get tired of it as a matter of fact.

Before I could say anything else, Samantha walked up to the both of us with accusing eyes.

"What's going on over here?" She questioned with her blue eyes glancing over at me then to Odell.

"Nothing baby. I was telling y/n how great the photos look and I have to cancel plans tonight," he sighed, taking his large hands into her small ones.

"Great! Babe, could you go fetch me some water, my throat is a bit dry?"

"I guess so," he frowned, excusing himself to go to the refreshment table that was specifically set up for them.

Sending her a small smile, I gathered my computer and the rest of my things I brought in with me.

"I think you should stay away from my boyfriend. We don't need you in our lives."

Taken aback by her sudden change of attitude towards me, I looked up at the ceiling and then behind me, trying to figure out who was this girl talking to because I'm sure as Hell knew she wasn't talking to me like that."

"I know you're not talking to me?" I asked, looking at my fingernails then back at her.

"I do not have to answer-"

"Here's your water. What did I miss?" Odell interrupted, walking back over to the now heated conversation with the water bottle in his hands.

"Nothing babe! I was telling y/n that the photos are just so amazing!" She grinned, taking the water from his hands.

Her smile could have fooled a lot of people that saw it, but I knew how false it actually was. It was evil and manipulative.

"I have to go," I mumbled to no one in particular, excusing myself from this unnecessary conversation I didn't even start.

"Y/n wait!" Odell yelled as he jogged toward me.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why he was talking to me, and not that little thot he called his girlfriend. "What's wrong?"

"Can you try to be nicer to my girlfriend? She thinks that you don't like her."

"Sure," I rolled my eyes at how ignorant he was right now. "Is there something else you need for me to do?"

"I mean it y/n. Just because you can't have me all to yourself, doesn't mean you have act like a snobby brat in front of the girl I love. You need to grow up."

Chuckling, he just didn't get it.

"You know what Odell, don't tell me how to act towards your bitch! Just leave me the fuck alone until you open your fucking eyes," I rushed out as I brushed past him, not giving two fucks about his dumb ass.

Asshole. I thought to myself, carrying my belongings to my car.

How could he be so ignorant right now?

Wiping the tears from my face, I shrugged the situation off.

If he could care less about this friendship then I could too.

After this day, I lost all respect for him, and that was all his doings.

___________

Here's a excerpt from the imagine I've written for my other book (Cinderella). Go check it out if you want to.

Nodding my head every once in awhile, I tuned him out as my eyes gained an interest in the girl dancing in the purple outfit that barely covered her chocolate skin.

As the music blared through the speakers, I watched as she swayed her hips to Sade, getting an applause from the crowd gathering around her.

A faint smile fell on her plump lips as she heard their hands clap together in satisfaction.

Licking my lips at the sight of this girl, I just knew I had to know who she was.

Cutting my best friend off from talking about the Super Bowl next Sunday night, I pointed down to her before speaking.

"Do you know who she is?"

Trailing his brown eyes down to who I was referring to, his eyes showed recognition before bringing his attention back to me.

"Her name is y/n."

Putting that name on her beautiful face, I had to have her.

As she finished up with her dance routine and left the stage gracefully, I got up from where I sat, excusing myself to catch up with her.