I retreated to my drawer at the corner of the room, and pulled out a hair brush with a mad giggle. I walked back to Baekhyun, waving the brush slightly in his face to see. He took a noticeable step back, and I sighed while lowering the brush down. "I'm not going to hurt you, I wanted to brush your hair. Is that alright with you?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened slightly, but he immediately composed himself and returned emotionless. I took a step closer to him, and brushed my own hair by the brush to demonstrate my words in action. "Like this.. gently and softly. I won't hurt you." I stopped in front of him, and slowly raised my empty hand to his hair. He flinched again, but he didn't pull back or stare at my hand. He stared at me straight in the eye, and I found my heart skip a beat at the intensity of it. His eyes may seem blank, but with the close distance between us – he was taller than me by approximately fifteen centimeter. I reached his chest – so he had to slightly lower his head to glance at me. The dark emotions that swirled inside his orbs, the sadness and longing in them made me weak in the legs, and I found my hand unconsciously patting his hair in a circular movement. I gulped, and slowly reached the comb to his head and started brushing it for him.

He didn't move, he didn't even stir. But his eyes were glazed, gazing at my soul. I sent him a smile, to ease the tension and his shoulders to relax. He sighed through his nose, and ever so softly – almost discreetly – leaned his head on my hand, making my heart swell with happiness and joy.

"You're a good person Baekhyun.." I whispered, my hand running along his locks tenderly. "Don't let them get to you.."

                                   ***

"And remember, don't tell them you are a daughter of mine.." My mom instructed loudly, pushing me through the door with a rush like she wanted to get rid of me. I groaned out loud, peaking my head over her shoulder to check on Baekhyun. He was silently standing in the middle of the living room, his eyes widened slightly, and his posture straight. Unlike yesterday in the market, my mom didn't approve of him with me this time, and told me he should stay home to not cause any ruckus. I made sure to tell her he never did any ruckus to me, but she was stubborn – a trait I probably inherited from her – and she refused to let him out of the house.

My mom loves the fact she has a daughter to do things for her doesn't she? I mean I didn't tell her to fight with the salon lady that does her nails and then demand that I go there and sabotage her work just because she took two months worth of money from my mom because and I quote, 'Was being loud and obnoxious,' though my mom keeps telling me she wasn't being loud, and that the woman was being an asshole.

I rolled my eyes at my pleading mom – who was still pushing me out of the house in absolute fury – and waved at Baekhyun with a loud yell.

"I'll be back Baekhyun-ah! And I'll bring something for you too!"

"Wait! You named him Baekhyun and didn't tell us! That's such a mundane name!"

I giggled, ignored my mom's doubled fury and rushed out of the house.

                                 ***

I returned home smiling because I had bought coke, some candy and junk food for Baekhyun. If you were wondering about the sabotage act, I didn't do it. Just because my mom loses her brain sometimes doesn't mean I'm like her. It was very stupid of my mom – not to mention childish – to tell me to sabotage the woman's salon. Even if the woman was crazy and took some money from my mom, I don't think it's worth my mother's huge bank account. Yes, my mom is rich, filthy rich though my dad is not. She has tried countless of times to buy me my dream apartment and have it done, but just like my father, I hate it when someone pays up for expensive things for me. I wanted to buy that apartment for myself.