Chapter seventeen.

Start from the beginning

"I wrote a song and I plan on singing it to him in the talent show." I whispered.

"That sounds like a good plan to me. I mean, look at the guy. He looks miserable..mean..sad, even." Josh pointed to the blonde who was silently eating his fries as Louis tried to talk to him.

"Josh, I know Niall looks that way, but does he feel that way? He probably is over me!" I sighed.

"Are you a bloody idiot? Niall wouldn't be looking like that if he was over you. Come on, man. Don't be so hard in yourself, don't be so doubtful." He took a bite of his sandwich.

"I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right." Josh smirked.

"Somebody has a big head, don't they?" I joked.

"Somebody wants to lose another friend, don't they?" He mimicked. I felt sadness wash over me at his words.

I dropped my head.

"Harry, I didn't mean it that way. I-" I cut Josh off.

"No, it's fine." I sent him a extremely weak smile.

"Good luck on your song."

"Thanks." I muttered.

"Students, head to the gymnasium for this years talent. Where students compete to bring in the heat! Who will win? You will decide!" The intercom nearly screamed into my ear.

My school is so cheesy, I swear.. "Come on Harry. Go get your boy!" Josh fist pumped and did an odd dance. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't get too excited. I don't even know if this will work."

"It will, okay?" Josh assured me.

We walked into the gym and grabbed s seat on the bleachers.

"Welcome students! First performer is Natalie Hills with her graceful ballet." Our principal announced.

Natalie smoothly moved across the
gym floor to some average ballet instrumental. Occasionally, she would jump up and land perfectly on her toes. The crowd gasped as she pranced around, remaining on her toes at all times. At the end of her show, the audience clapped and she exited the room.

"Wonderful Natalie! Next up is Grayson Stevens with his electric guitar."

Grayson put his guitar strap around his neck and strummed a few cords before officially starting his preformance.

Siiiiiiick electric guitar sounds blared through the gym. The boy has some talent if I do say so myself.

Grayson ended with three last strums, then left like Natalie.

"Wow! Excellent job. Next act is a singing act. Welcome Harry Styles." My heart rate increased 100 times faster. Nervously, I walked up the stairs that lead to the stage where the piano sat.

Slowly, I sat down and popped my fingers, stretching them out a bit. I felt my teeth chatter.

"Uh hello. This is a song I wrote for um someone in the crowd.. Enjoy." I said awkwardly.

My fingers glided along the piano keys perfectly, but my heart still pounded inside my chest.

I opened my mouth and let the words fall out.

"Say something I'm giving up on you,

I'll be the one if you want me to.

Anywhere I would've followed you,