Live (WSC pt. 2)

*Warning: Drug use.

"I need a drink," Riley Minkus muttered as she rubbed her temple in circular motions trying to soothe the light pounding in her head. She had gladly escaped from the crowd and loud murmurs of the strangers around her and found herself a secluded part of the Convention with no random wandering bodies.

Zay passed her the small water bottle he had purchased earlier on in the day. She took it without a word and gulped a quarter of it down before closing off the lid and passing it back. She leaned back against the wall and sighed heavily. The three pupils that protected her sight line remained quiet as they gave the married woman a minute to prosper in silence.

"Feeling better?" Lucas Friar spoke first to the brunette who scoffed as a respond.

"Just for the minute. God, this is going to be a disaster," Riley groaned as she covered her face to envelope her sight with darkness.

"You don't know that. I thought that went pretty well," Zay assured her. "I mean, no hands were thrown...which upsets me since that is the only reason I came..."

The missus glared at the principal who turned away from the evil eye she was giving him. Lucas luckily stepped in, "You did great, Riley. I know it took a lot from both you and Smackle to maintain even an appropriate conversation."

"Thanks Lucas. Although I appreciate them, I'm just a little hurt and a little lost right now," Riley confessed. "Why have you never told us you're still friends with Smackle?"

"That. That was the question I was waiting for," Maya said as she pointed to Lucas to answer.

Lucas shrugged, "You've never asked, and it's not like we hang out all the time. It always depends on our schedules. Mostly we go out to eat about once every other month. My friendship with Smackle is fair."

"I know," Riley said, "And you have every right to be friends with her as she was a friend to you, to all of us. I just would have liked to know because of this feud we have on. Maybe we could have ended it sooner with a help of a mutual friend...? Or maybe she's using you to get insight on the enemy a.k.a me?" Riley's gears were turning for a minute there.

"We've never discussed about you, Riley. I can tell you that," Lucas smiled slightly.

"What about Farkle?" Zay asked. Lucas shushed at his friend and gestured for him to quit talking. Zay hissed at himself, "oh, never mind."

"I don't know what to do right now," Riley sighed in defeat. "I go out there, cameras are on me watching my every move."

"You can't just disappear now. You can't let this stop you from going out there and doing what you would normally do," Lucas said.

"Yeah, you don't go back out there, it's as if you're letting Smackle take over the place," Zay added.

"Exactly," Maya agreed with the principal.

Zay smiled, prideful that someone agreed with him. "Thank you."

"Yeah, don't let it go to your head," Maya commented without taking her eyes off of her distressed friend.

"Maybe I should just let Smackle have this. I've already taken everything else...the spotlight has every right to be on her today," Riley gave off a somber sigh. Maya rolled her eyes at her brunette friend.

"No, Riley. What you need to do right now is step up your game!" Maya said shocking the guys around her along with the woman she was talking to.

"Step up my game?"