Where Little Fears Grow Great

"Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny..."

"She's kinda good," Lucas complemented as he heard Nova recite poetry into a microphone as a way to do a mic check.

"Romeo and Juliet. A classic which we'll read this year in English," the youthful Farkle Minkus said as he watched with interest, watching his future daughter quote the prologue of Shakespearian literature.

"What?" Maya scoffed in disgust. "This is original art, Farkle. I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Oh, Maya..." Riley sighed softly.

They were the only four figures in the large warehouse which weren't busy-boding around. Everyone was active trying to finish the setting by 5:00 P.M. to begin Group Dinner, the charity event of giving dinner to the public, supported by the Minkus Family Foundation.

Mrs. Minkus wore casual clothing and light makeup as she was prepping and preparing everything for the night. It was a contrast compared to her usual working attire she was usually seen in. She was moving and couldn't stop. She directed to others what to do and had moments where she muttered to herself at time. The only one who's noticed is Maya since she was watching it all in disgust.

"Why are you like this, Riley? Too good to the world and to good for it," the blonde said. The brunette best friend smiled slightly and nudged her to the side just as her older self did a 180 to give attention to Nova who continued to recite Shakespeare dramatically.

"Shall I speak ill of him that is my husband? Ah, poor my lord, what tongue shall smooth thy name, When I, thy three-hours wife, have mangled it? But, wherefore, villain, didst thou kill my cousin? That villain cousin would have kill'd my husband: Back, foolish tears, back to your native spring--!"

"Nova! What in Dante's Inferno are you doing?" Riley huffed angrily, getting annoyed with her daughter's voice being a constant in the background of the chaos around her.

"Nice pun there, mom. I'm doing mic check!" Nova answered her mother's question.

"And monologuing Romeo and Juliet is how you do it?"

"What? Is Hamlet better for you? I can do some of Hamlet ya know?" Nova grinned. "Too many journeys around the sun and moon, Make us count again over our love be done!"

"Ah! Nova, you pain me!" Mr. Minkus exaggerated as he held at his heart while walking up behind Riley Minkus who giggled behind her clipboard. Mr. Minkus smirked and winked. "That one is your mother's favorites and you say it all wrong."

"I'm not perfect you know!" Nova huffed.

"Yet you can speak Romeo and Juliet like its a second language," he teased at his daughter.

"Like my fourth, father," Nova smirked, bring up the fact she could fluently speak English, Spanish, and French.

"So many journeys may the sun and moon
Make us again count o'er ere love be done!
But woe is me! you are so sick of late,
So far from cheer and from your former state," Mr. Minkus quoted as he gripped his wife's hand and kissed it, the kisses lingering up her arm as he left a trail of them behind.

Mrs. Minkus continued on with the monologuing, saying, "That I distrust you. Yet, though I distrust, Discomfort you, my lord, it nothing must; For women's fear and love holds quantity, In neither aught, or in extremity. Now what my love is, proof hath made you know; And as my love is siz'd, my fear is so..."