Broadcast (WSC pt. 1)

•TELEVISION•

EMELIE: "Welcome back to NYSC. It is 12:22 in the afternoon and I am Emelie Keller alongside Jonahen Soto and Darian Wayne doing live coverage on the 26th Annual Wegner Science Convention today and oh my gosh, I am overly excited."

JONAHEN: "Same here, Emelie. I have had jitters over today for the past week, and I'm still feeling it today."

DARIAN: "There has been so much anticipation over today. It's been said by many that if you are attending this annual convention you are in for a treat."

EMELIE: "Yes, and that is being today is the day that Isadora Smackle and Riley and Farkle Minkus will be at the same public function in what is about a decade. That is absolutely crazy to believe!"

DARIAN: "It very much is. Actually this will be the first event participated by both parties since before Farkle Minkus had given 50 perfect of the rights of his company to his wife."

JONAHEN: "Everyone knows that Riley Minkus and Isadora Smackle have never been on the best terms with each other. You would think that two respectable women in the same field would be acquaintances at the least but that isn't the case."

DARIAN: "That's what makes all of this interesting. Every time we see Minkus and Smackle within a five-hundred foot radius of one another, it doesn't lead to good. Examples of course being their physical fights at both the Swendler's Gala and at the Women's Luncheon years back, which by the way Riley Minkus had crashed as she wasn't even invited to that event!"

EMELIE: "On the subject of Mrs. Minkus, although I respect her very much, people had always said that their encounters with her have always been great. No one ever has a bad thing to say about her; she treats everyone she meets as an equal, and she has a sweet, lovable personality that always hooks everyone in. I fortunately got to interview her and her husband when they had won the 2032 Best of award and they were such a remarkable duo who are so stable. They really compliment each other in the best ways and they know it."

JONAHEN: "Obviously, both women do have a lot of pros. Before picking sides, let's see the statistics. The Minkus duo have a net worth of $3.4 million, and contribute to a limitless amount of charities, including having their own generous support, the Minkus Family Foundation which was started up by Stuart Minkus back in the mid-2010s. They are activists, public figures in support of equal pay between the sexes, education for all children and people, clean water in third world countries, global warming, deforestation, and a number of others. Isadora Smackle, even though she hasn't even shown her face in years, she's a giver in the dark. In public and private records, she's known to give support to unknown scientists with big dreams, even funding an armful of projects. Her net worth is placed at $750,000, and her entire company was started on her own so she's always been solo and she has taken care of it greatly."

DARIAN: "Even by comparison, everyone can agree that they both are extraordinary and have contributed greatly to the world of science."

EMELIE: "Best said, Darian. A lot can happen today and a lot will happen today. If we had to choose sides... I've always been with the Minkuses even before I met them. I just think with everything I've seen from both Riley and Farkle Minkus, I believe they are working hard to give all they have into this world. I was there when Riley gave that extensive speech on why Pluto should become a planet again, which because of that, it is. Of course, I don't have anything against Ms. Smackle, I just—if."

JONAHEN: "I'm with you, Emelie. I personally love the Minkuses and they honestly are going to be such a joy to see at today's event."

DARIAN: "I respect the Minkuses just as much as the next scientist. I actually like Miss Isadora Smackle. Although she has remained hidden in the last several years, her informative papers in the subjects of Biology and physics always keep the science world by storm. The last time we saw her at a public event was when she received the Nobel Peace Prize four years back."