Red Lights

"I believe we've made an amendable amount of progress today, don't you all think?"

Loud groans were the responses to Mrs. Minkus's question. She smirked slightly at the teen quartet as she took a sip of her fizzy drink. The group took up the sidewalk as they waited for Mr. Farkle Minkus and Nova to come around with the car. Mrs. Minkus remained by their side, preoccupied with her phone.

"My feet hurt," Maya groaned as she leaned her head against Lucas's shoulder.

"I don't know how since I've been carrying you around since the third shop we visited," Lucas groaned. He was holding onto her with all his strength. He knew that if he even slipped on holding her, she'd tease him for in the afterlife for being weak.

"We visited three stores?" She questioned.

"We visited seven," Farkle panted as he leaned against the side of the building, taking a deep breath after dropping the numerous amount of bags to the concrete.

Maya's eyebrows furrowed. "I don't remember going to seven stores?"

"You ditched us and went to the food court!" Lucas exclaimed loudly.

Maya's lips stretched into a smile as she remembered then. "Oh~, yeah! That burger was so good...both of them!"

Lucas was holding in the groan he desperately wanted to release. He tried to subtly hitch Maya more onto his back since she was slowly slipping from his grip. Maya smirked as she caught to what he was trying to do when he bend down.

"You losing me, Huck?" Maya teased.

"Nope! No, not at all! I just...thought you'd be more comfortable in this position."

"I liked where I was." She said before pushing more weight to his lower back. He released a deep groan of pain, giving Maya a satisfied smile on her face.

"Come on M," Riley spoke up from the ground she was sitting on. Maya rolled her eyes before getting off of his back and standing there with her arms crossed over her chest, a disappointed look on her face.

"Thank you," Lucas sighed in relief to Riley, who smiled at the blond boy.

Two honks broke the moment up. Mr. Minkus parked in front of them, getting out of the car to start immediately taking shopping bags and stuffing them into the truck and storage compartments under the seating and car floor.

"Where's Nova?" Mrs. Riley Minkus asked just as she opened up the car door to see her daughter resting her head against the car window with her eyes closed.

"Resting," her husband answered her question, still loading up the car. The young Farkle started to help his older self with it as there were a countless amount of bags to fit in. "Once she got in the car, she laid her head down and was out."

"Poor Nove. I don't blame her," the mother said taking her place in the passenger seat. "Everyone, remember to secure your seat belts. Safety always comes second!"

The quartet took their seats, looking confused at the saying said by the female Minkus.

"Um, always second, ma'am?" Lucas asked, concerned with his life at that moment.

"Don't question her. Please, I beg," Nova groaned, messaging her temple.

"Ah, look who speaks," Mrs. Minkus grumbled. "We thought you were asleep."

"Who could sleep with your voice ringing in their head..." Nova muttered under her breath, reviving a glare from her mother.

"Ouch," the woman raising a pinky to the girl, a sign of credit given. Nova smirked only slightly.