Fractions

For Maya Hunter to return to her friends seemed to be a shock for everyone. The older blonde lady shifted from side to side, uncomfortable under the eyes of her friends. To them it felt like a great reunion, but to her, it felt like Judgment Day.

Mrs. Riley Minkus was the first to do something, taking steps forward and opening her arms to embrace her friend into a hug. Maya hugged back loosely, eyes still not making contact with anyone.

"It's so great to see you again, Maya!" The older brunette sighed softly before pulling back and looking her friend up and down to check for any changes.

"Yep. It's sure been a while."

"Three years," Riley reminded the blonde.

"Was it three? I swore last time we saw each other was when we we dug up the time capsule," Maya said.

"That was six years ago. We saw each other at the funeral, remember?" Riley said softly, voice so soft it was like walking on egg shells bring up the topic.

Maya's face went neutral, nodding as she brought back the memory of the day they last saw each other from the deepest depths of her mind. "Oh, right... Must of forgotten about that..."

Riley watched her friend, wearing the sympathetic look that she knew Maya hated but couldn't help but feel towards her. Riley's husband stepped up, resting a hand on the lower back of Riley, a gesture for her to move back.

"Maya, always great to see you!" The older Farkle said as he brought her in into a side hug.

"Farkle, isn't there a restraining order placed on me from you? I shouldn't be this close," Maya joked, the corners of her lips lifting up to somewhat of a smile.

Riley Minkus took a deep breath at her friend's words before releasing a huff. Rubbing her arm, she stood closer to Farkle who let go of Maya to pull in his wife.

"Protect me," Nova whispered as she pushed the young Farkle and Maya in front of her to shield her from her godmother.

"Why do we need to protect you? This is your aunt Maya, you should be embracing her presence!" Riley Matthews beamed as she pulled at Nova's arm harshly, trying to pull her from behind her best friends.

"No! I'm telling you now, bad idea!" Nova shook her head as she gripped onto Lucas who stood his ground, watching Riley try and pull Nova away.

"Pumpkin spice?" Zay called out unsure if it would bring the old companion into a good mood. When a smile released out on the lady's lips he knew he was safe. They embraced each other tightly, rocking side to side. Riley Minkus felt her eyes fall down to her fiddling hands, questioning why Maya and Zay could have a more better and comfortable hug and not them, thunder and lighting... And then she remembered...

The two former troublemakers pulled from their tight embrace, Maya feeling lighter than she had before. It wasn't until she faced Lucas Friar, did her guilt come back. She shifted, taking a deep breath before looking up at the man, Lucas smiled gently.

"Maya..."

"Clint Eastwood..."

Lucas chuckled at her name calling, not taking it as an insult but knowing it was.

"You have a little something..." Maya pointed out about the smoothie stains all over his white tee. He looked down on himself and chuckled, not really making a good impression on his first greeting to the one and only Maya Hart.

"Smoothie machine," Lucas explained shortly. Maya only hummed.

"It's so great to see you again, Maya!" Riley beamed as she pulled Maya back into a more suitable hug for best friends.