The Blast

"How exciting is this?!" Riley beamed as she jumped to try and look over the heads of the many strangers in front of her.

They were at a science convention where many people were there to show off their inventions and hopefully get a rich investor to take an important interest in their product. How Riley found that interesting? It's rumored one of the machines could actually make horses into real unicorns with a DNA injection. How is that not amazing!?!

Maya rolled her eyes at her giggly best friend. "Riles, please calm yourself. The last thing we need is attention on ourselves for your overly excited personality."

"I think it's great that Riley's taking a bigger interest in science, Maya," Farkle stepped in with a proud smile. "Riley could be inspired into being the next great scientist."

"Thanks again for inviting us, Farkle!" Riley smiled at the teen boy by her side.

"No problem, Riley. I wouldn't waste a chance to try and make you happy," Farkle said giving a smile of his own to his best friend.

"Of course you're happy she's taking an interest in science," Maya said slightly annoyed. "I don't know how you guys can even be slightly into this. Science is bor-ing!"

"Um, Maya? I don't think that's something you should say in a place full of scientists?" Lucas spoke as he caught some of the people's giving nasty looks at Maya for overhearing her words.

Maya gave him a bored expression. "You speak words, but all I hear is 'Bucky mick boing-boing ha-har!'" She was up in his face and he rolled his eyes at her for insulting him once again.

"Maya, stop teasing Lucas," Riley stated seriously while giving her a look.

"I wonder if one of these machines could possibly make her nice to me," Lucas said out loud.

"Nothing in the world will make that happen," Maya shook her head.

"I'll look around," Lucas said as he started to check scientists' stands for hope of one making such a brilliant creation.

"I wanna see the unicorn!" Riley huffed, stomping her foot down in frustration.

Farkle chuckled. "We'll have to keep walking around. This place is for businessmen, investors, and scientists. I don't think they have posters pointing the way to a unicorn for a fourteen year old girl."

"Well, they should've!" Riley huffed, crossing her arms over her chest childishly.

The four of them continued to walk together; Farkle paying interest to the stands and what the scientists had to say about their creations, Maya bored out of her mind, Lucas looking for his Nice-Maya machine, and Riley keeping a look out for the magical unicorn.

While passing, a scientist in all white caught their attention with his shouting towards them. "YOU!"

"Me?" They all said in unison, pointing to their own chests, heads turning to the guy.

"Yes! All four of you! Come here!" He waved them over. They all looked at each other before cautiously walking over to the man who was fidgeting around with what could be called his creation.

"You look like a couple of young folks. Only ones I've seen all day!" The man said wide eyed.

"Yes, sir! We're here looking for the DNA-bred unicorn that was said to be at this convention today. Do you know by chance where that is?" Riley stepped forward, anxiously.

"Or a machine who turns mean people nice?" Lucas said peaking his head over Riley's shoulder.

"Only in your dreams, Ranger Rick!" Maya said, uninterested.