Dinner

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Heck's to the freaking NO!" Nova chanted as her fingers worked quick on the video game remote in her hand, eyes glued to the screen as she killed zombies that were breaking into the science lab of the game.

Farkle played split screen with her, equally skilled as he focused on the mission which was to kill zombies and protect his dear lab. Lucas watched as they played, mouth gaped at how violent and graphic the game was.

Maya wore a disgusted look on her face, watching the horror from afar. She and Riley sat in the reading corner of Nova's room. Nova's room would be Farkle's old room back in present time; along with that fact, it's the only place familiar to the four of them.

"That's disgusting but sweet at the same time," Maya said, speaking about the video game being played.

"I know, it is kind of cute seeing Farkle and his future daughter have something to do together," Riley said as her eyes never lifted off of Nova and Farkle enjoying their time together.

Maya looked at Riley, raising an eyebrow at the girl. "You alright, Honey?"

"I'm fine. I'm just...thinking..."

"About?" Maya asked, turning her body to focus solely on her best friend.

"This, the future. Maya, I'm not with Farkle in the past. He has Smackle and he's supposed to be my best friend. What happened that caused so much to change?" Riley asked, softly but seriously.

"You're asking the wrong person, Honey," Maya shrugged. "Between then and now, you and Farkle are going to get together and get married and have a daughter. That's all I know."

"I want to know what happened; we need to go back."

Maya frowned, "Go back? To the past?"

"To our present, Maya. We can't be here, we shouldn't be here. Oddly, in some way, this is an invasion of privacy."

"Because this is your certain future?" Maya scoffed. "You want to go back but what is your real reason?"

"Maya!" Riley shook her head.

"Do you see something you don't like?"

"Maya, it's not that!" Riley laughed bitterly.

"Riley, we just got here. This is your future, yours and Farkle's. There is still so much to see, like how I am! I was the one who wanted to be here."

"And do you believe staying here for a long period of time is good for us? Good for them?"

"I don't know," Maya shrugged again. "But let's stay and find out."

Riley was going to open her mouth again when there was a loud clash of metal across the room.

"Ugh! What's wrong with you?" Nova groaned as she was forced to pause the game in order to help lift up a small robotic form off the floor.

"Ms. Nova, your parents are home and dinner is ready in the dining area. Please take your guests and meet your parents there," the robotic voice stated as his wheels continued to roll and head turn from side to side, also arms moving up and down.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there. Thanks, Smicies," Nova rolled her eyes, putting the robot back down to roll out of her room and down the hall. Nova sighed and looked down at her watch, shaking her head. "They were late. Okay guys, dinner time!"

"I love food!" Maya said standing up and running over to her friends. Riley took a deep breath before following behind, smiling gently at Farkle who waited behind for her. A blush crept up her cheeks as they walked side-by-side.