Search

Waking up from what seemed like a long slumber, Riley Matthews stirred away, yawning and stretching before relaxing against the bedsheets of the foreign bed she was in. Blinking up at the ceiling, she used her touch to sense that she wasn't in her own bed, concluding that she still remained twenty years in the future.

She sat up, taking a deep breath and she looked around the bedroom she remembered slipping into the night before. She threw off the covers, wiggling her toes before placing them down on the soft carpet of the bedroom. Her legs took her out of the bedroom and down the hallway and the stairs until she had reached the kitchen.

The sight that awaited her caused her to pause. Her future self was all dressed up professionally in a white blouse and jet black pencil skirt, high heels and her hair up in a low ponytail. By her side was future Farkle wearing a black business suit, the jacket off and hugging the shoulders of the chair he was sitting in so he had the sleeves to the white dress shirt rolled up to his elbow. Nova sat across from them in her regular seat, still dressed in her pajamas black plaid pajama pants and a black shirt which read "Stand back. I'm going to try SCIENCE."

Confirmed; she was still twenty years ahead of her time, her future self was married to future Farkle and they had a teenage daughter.

Okay.

"You're up early!" Her counterpart said as she turned her head to the sound of the footsteps that had came down the stairs. The young Riley turned to the clock to see it was almost six in the morning.

"I-I didn't know," Riley stuttered, shuffling her feet against the hardwood of the floor.

"It's no problem. Would you like breakfast? We have cereal in that cabinet there and there's some leftover bacon and some french toast you could warm up. I believe there is still some batter out for waffles too," Mrs. Minkus said as she wiped the corner of her mouth with her napkin.

"Uh, I'll just have some cereal, but thank you," Riley said, taking a bowl and selecting her favorite cereal which happened to be one of the options. After pouring herself a bowl, she took a seat next to Nova and started to eat.

"I hope you don't mind staying here for the day while Nova goes to school and we go to work. It'll just be you and your friends, but I'm sure with so much to do in our home, you'll find something to do," Mr. Minkus said before taking a bite from his french toast stick.

Riley looked up to the man and spoke up after swallowing her spoonful of cereal. "It'll be fine."

"Also, there will be a man coming over later to finish fixing the hole in our laboratory," Riley Minkus informed the teen out of time.

"It's my Uncle Lucas!" Nova nodded with a grin.

Riley froze mid-chewing, blinking several times. "Uncle Lucas?"

"Lucas Friar if you need the full name for when he comes over," future Farkle stated as he finished off his breakfast.

"I don't know why he needs to come over when I'm at school. I haven't seen him in like forever!" Nova exclaimed, adding an angry have do at the end.

"You saw him earlier this week, don't over exaggerate," Nova's mother chuckled. "Besides, he needs to come over early for the floor to be patched up and dried by the time we come back from work."

"You guys aren't going to coop yourselves in the lab all Saturday, right?" Nova asked, sounding worried for some reason.

"Just depends on how much we get done today," her mother answered truthfully before getting up from the table, putting her plate on the conveyer belt, her husband doing the same.