Conversion

/•/•/•|•\•\•\

"Come on, Farkle. Going to Princeton isn't a bad idea. It'd be a great honor to get accepted from there," Riley Matthews said as she sat across from her best guy friend and took a piece of their shared cake that remained in the middle of them.

"But it's not what I want. It's my father's dream for me to go there."

"Have you even considered Princeton?" Riley asked.

"Of course. It's been on my mind since my youth, because it's all I've ever heard about."

"My parents went to Pennbrook. I'm going to send an application but I might not even go. You should do the same with Princeton."

"If I get an acceptance letter from Princeton, my dad's making me go," Farkle stated.

"Why can't you just accept that Princeton is the best choice for you?!"

"It might be, but I can't go because you're not there," Farkle snapped. "You, or Maya, or Lucas, or anyone."

"Or Smackle..." Riley added in with a pointed look.

"I'm not going to go anywhere you guys aren't."

"Okay then, I'll make a deal with you!" Riley took another bite of the cake, Farkle taking one for himself afterward.

"What's your proposal, woman?"

"If I get accepted to Princeton, you have to come with me."

Farkle stopped mid-chew. She looked at his best friend who had a smirk planted on her lips.

"You're kidding, right?" Farkle chuckled. Riley maintained a neutral expression on her face, taking another bite of cake. "Oh my...you're not."

Riley shook her head. "I wanted to major in astronomy but I've heard that Princeton has a great astrophysics unit."

"You're unbelievable," Farkle exclaimed.

"Why? You don't think I can get in?"

"No, I know you can," Farkle smirked. "I just can't believe you're forcing me to go to Princeton."

"Now I'll be there. Whatever happened to following your friends to wherever they go?" Riley chuckled at Farkle's expression on surprise on his face. "Didn't think I heard that back at the middle school graduation, huh?"

"No, I didn't," he laughed.

"Don't worry, Farkley. Just know you'll always have me. Partners! You and me against the world. I'm by your side 100%."

"Thank you, Riley. I appreciate you."

"Life will find a way to figure itself out. It'll just take some time..." Riley smiled at him softly as she takes his hand in her's and squeezed it gently. "Now, are you going to finish that because I really want it."

Farkle chortled, "it's all yours."

Riley beamed as she took the cake for herself and took a big piece into her mouth, moaning in delight at how great it was against her taste buds.