Pandora's Box

"That's actually kinda cute," Maya cooed. She was standing side-by-side with her friends, watching the couple that was holding each other in their arms on the couch, fast asleep.

Mr. and Mrs. Minkus obviously made up over the night as Riley Minkus had her head laying on her husband's shoulder and her leg propped up on her man's stomach. Her hand gently laid on Mr. Minkus's chest and the husband had his left arm wrapped around the shoulders of his wife, holding her securely to his side. The older Farkle was still dressed up in last nights attire while the woman had taken off her sweater and cuddled up in her dark jeans and a black tank top.

"Should we wake them?" Lucas asked.

"Well, we are about to go to school. Surely, they got somewhere to be as well," Maya shrugged.

"Like their jobs?" Farkle suggested jokingly.

"I don't want to wake them, guys. They seem so peaceful," Riley Matthews said as she tilted her head, completely admiring the way that her future husband held her so close to him as if he was afraid to lose her.

The couple stirred in their sleep, causing the teenagers to freeze in their place. Mr. Minkus stretched while Mrs. Minkus went to turn around only for her to fall off of the couch with a loud "oh!"

Mr. Minkus sat up and reached for his wife, helping her up from her position on the floor. "Riley, sorry."

"It's fine. You know it happens more often than not," she laughed gracefully as he dusted herself off, pulling off some pieces of dust bunnies off of her black tank. She turned her head to finally acknowledge the kids that smiled at the couple. "Oh, good morning, children." They all say their good mornings back. "Is Nova not up yet?" the mother asked.

"She's probably up, just still hasn't come out of her room," Lucas said to the mother who nodded understandingly.

"Well, would any of you like any breakfast? Farkle and I can make a mean bowl of cereal?" Riley Minkus laughed. "I-I don't mean a mean bowl of cereal. Cereals can't be mean, nor can bowls. Well, unless you throw them, then that would be mean but that's your anger not the bowls'. I can make cereal in a bowl if you'd like? I can make it a nice bowl of cereal--"

"Riley," the older Farkle said his wife's name to stop her from blubbering and muttering. He smiled at the cute, innocent expression she gave him.

"We're good, Mrs. Minkus. Thanks though," Lucas politely declined her offer as the four teenagers had already ravished through the cabinets and pantry for good treats to savor on.

"Okay. Well, Farkle and I are going to get ready for work. Make sure Nova eats before she leaves if we don't catch her before we go," Riley said as she passed by her husband and he followed her to their bedroom.

"We will, Mrs. Minkus," Lucas said.

Riley Minkus smirked as she turned around to the oldest of the group. "I wasn't talking to you."

The confused looks on their faces were gold as they walked away from the living area. Just as the bedroom door closed, another door swished open. Nova Minkus peeked her head out to check to see if her parents were around and when she saw that the coast was clear, she dashed out quickily, taking Farkle by the collar, choking him as she pulled them towards the door.

"Come on! We got to go before they come back out!"Nova said.

There was a loud alert sound that chimed through the air. All five teenagers covered their ears and followed the red blinking light to see Smicies guarding the door, her sound system playing the deafening tone on repeat. "Nova Minkus, you make sure you eat before you leave this house."