Chapter 23:

Ivy
******

"Did you talk to him?" I ask Mike.

It was the day after Jigz got arrested and I came over here to see what Mike knows about the situation so far.

"Tink, if you ain't even fuckin talk to him yet why would I have." Mike replied.

"Well shit I'm just asking." I said.

"Don't pop shit at my baby mama nigga." Cierra said walking up on Mike with her fist balled up and out a little trying to look like a strong man or some shit.

"Babe, get the fuck outta here." Mike said as we all laughed.

"No seriously tho, what did Cole say when you went to meet him last night?" I asked him.

"He said he was pulling up to meet him when he seen cops all over. Jigz was out and in handcuffs being searched."

"There's a whole system to the way we do shit. So you never have, but so much money or drugs on you at one time. I'ma just make a long story short. It was suppose to be a bust which turned up with little to nothing, but that little to nothing is still enough to give him 3 to 5 years."

"3 to 5 years? What the fuck." I said rubbing my face.

"My step dad's a lawyer and he already got Jigz the best criminal lawyer in Illinois. So now we gotta play a fuckin waiting game."

"My anxiety is not built for this shit." I said wanting to cry and scream all at the same time.

"I told bruh leave that shit alone stick to our regular schedule, but no every once in a blue he wanna make extra money. And every time I find out I cuss him the fuck out and he wanna hit me with some, I'm careful it's not a everyday thing. Somebody from that shift always getting locked up. Yeah you get more money doing that, but with more money comes even more risk. I stopped right before Cierra had Noah. Damn dumbass man."

"He's gonna do time." I said to myself out loud trying to really take this shit in.

Mike sighed shaking his head.

"It's so fuckin annoying. It's like we take 5 steps forward to go 10 steps back."

"Ugh, Cierra how does this jail shit work!?" I yelled.

Me and Mya are still at Cierra's house. Jigz tried calling twice already, but it doesn't go through.

"Girl how am I supposed to know. Ooh let me post on Facebook and ask. I know one of these hoes gotta know. They stay with a new jail nigga every couple months." She said really getting on Facebook reading out loud as she typed.

"Which one of y'all hoes can help me? How do jail phone calls work? And post." She said making me laugh.

"You get on my nerves." I said laughing.

"Watch I'ma get answers tho." She said.

When I got home that night I gave Mya a bath, feed her, and she was out for the night. And after taking my own shower I curled up right next to my baby girl.

Cierra sent me a screenshot of the replies on her Facebook status, I told you these hoes would know.

After reading everything and looking stuff up I decided I'd go do what I needed to do as soon as I wake up so I can receive calls from Jigz.

"Girl, you is so pressed waiting for him to call." Ms. Angie said laughing at me. "You keep checking that damn phone."