Chapter 18:

Ivy
******

"Oh hell no! Mike!" Cierra yelled.

I updated her on everything that happened a couple weeks ago. I'm tellin her so much later because I started not to tell her at all knowing this would be her reaction. But she always knows when I'm trying to hide something.

"No don't tell him he'll tell Jigz." I said grabbing Cierra's hand as she started to get up.

"Good, he needs to know, that pussy ain't gonna be putting his hands on my friend. My bestie? Mine? Hell no. Mike!"

"Cierra." I said covering her mouth.

"What?" Mike said coming downstairs.

"Oh nothing." I said.

Mike looked between us like we were crazy.

"Ouch!" I yell when Cierra bites my hand.

"That pussy Quan put his hands on Tink." Cierra said once her mouth was free. "He gripped her up once before and a couple weeks ago he yanked her by her hair."

I grabbed the head of my nose knowing the shit storm this could start.

"Word? Handled." Was all Mike said before he walked off with his phone now in his hand.

"Happy?" I asked her.

"That the pussy can finally get his ass whopped? Yes." She said.

"And you better not even think about going back to fuckin with that nigga."

"I'm not. That's dead, been dead."

"One problem tho." I said

"Oh hell, what?" She asked.

After leaving Cierra's I came home, put my enchiladas I was making for the first time in the oven, then went to take a shower.

Afterwards I checked on them before looking for something to watch. Before I could sit down on the couch and even turn my tv on a knock came at the door.

I looked out the peephole and saw it was Quan.

I rolled my eyes walking away from the door. Every couple days he stops by trying to sweet talk since I don't answer his phone calls or texts. He even ended up on the block list recently.

"Tink, baby." He said still knocking on the door.

"Don't do this, don't end things like this. We had something special."

Yeah, some special nothing ass bullshit.

"I know you are in there, Tink! I seen your car outside."

I shrugged.

As I headed back into the kitchen I heard my phone ring from the living room couch.

"Shit." I mumbled as I dove for my phone to quickly silent it.

"I just heard your fuckin phone, Tink!"

I cringed since now he's obviously causing a sign.

He usually does his sweet talking that gets ignored, then leaves, but today he's coming off as aggressive. I don't need or want my neighbors talking, but I'm still not gonna let him in.

"Bitch, open this fuckin door!" He shouted twisting the knob before banging on the door again.

"You need to leave before I call the cops." I heard a woman's voice.

"Now." I heard a man's voice next.

I heard him mumble something before I heard his footsteps finally leaving.