Chapter 20:

Ivy
******

"Oh my gosh that big ass belly." Ms. Angie said rubbing it.

"I know right." I said.

"I really made it to my due date." I said.

I've been nervous my entire pregnancy scared something would happen, but when I said I was gonna make it as stress free as I possibly could I meant it and did just that.

"I told you just relax and have faith. What's meant to be will be." Ms. Angie said.

"I know and you're right."

"Any day now." Ms. Angie said.

"Feels like any second. She's just too comfortable, but mommy's not. Like she need to bring her ass on so I can love all on her. I'm so nervous, yet excited."

"After she's born y'all can stay here for a few more weeks if you want. While you get into the routine of mommy life."

I've been staying at her house the past two weeks since I don't wanna be alone when I do go into labor.

"Charles probably won't want no crying baby around all the time." I said.

"Girl," She flagged me off. "He is not gonna care. You know we gonna be loving her up too."

"I don't know." I said.

"Girl you are staying. I can already see you now. Calling me all the time with a hundred and one questions."

"You know I am." I said laughing. "If he's okay with it I'll stay a couple weeks. I'd appreciate any help from y'all."

"We are family. That's what we are here for."

"So have you talked to her dad?"

I gave her the side eye because he definitely has done nothing to earn that title. "Nope."

"At all?" She asked.

"No. During my first trimester when he continuously told me to get an abortion ever since then no."

"His loss on all this blessing and love." She said rubbing my stomach.

"It surely is."

"It's just annoying because after I have her he might try to decide to come around and I don't need somebody unstable trying to come in and out of her life. Then if he has any other kids in the future, you know what let me not even think that far ahead. I'll deal with that when or even if the time comes."

"Yes focus on the now. Like baby girl's name, did you decide?"

"Yeah, Mya. It doesn't have a big ol' meaning behind it like Journii's name did, but one of the meaning is beloved. And she's definitely gonna be dearly loved even if it's only by me."

"Bitch, I'll cut yo little ass. She's gonna be loved by all her family." Ms. Angie said.

"You know I didn't me it like that."

"Mhmm and she's having your last name?"

"Uh duh. Don't play Ms. Angie."

"I'm just asking shit."

"No you're playing. You'd rip me a new one if I even looked like giving her his last name." I said.

"I surely the fuck would have." She said turning her lips up making me laugh.

A few days after my due date I finally went into labor. On the way to the hospital I was a nervous wreck. Okay maybe a little more than just a nervous wreck.