Chapter 3:

Ivy
******

1 year later...

"What's up, Ivy?" I heard as I walked towards the entrance of the building where I am going to talk to my social worker.

I looked up from my phone seeing Jigz. "Hey." I said.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Uh, just had a meeting." He said with a shrug.

"Mmkay." I said nodding.

"What about you, why are you here?" He asked.

"To talk to my social worker."

"A social worker? For what?"

"I'm a foster kid." I said using quotation marks.

"Ah, didn't know that." He said nodding.

"Yup." I said.

"So what's up with you and Tashae?" He asked making me roll my eyes.

"That's been dead and gone for a whole year and you're just asking about that? That's your sister shouldn't you know about it. I'm sure she done told you while making up lies about me."

He shrugged, "I asked about you a couple days after that party last year. She talked shit, but I don't pay Tashae attention for too long."

"How come I never seen you the whole year I was around Tashae?" I ask.

"The only time my mom and sister hit me up is to ask for some money. They don't give a fuck about me so why should I give a fuck about them."

"Well damn." I said.

"Just being honest."

"Well, I gotta get in there so..."

He grinned nodding, "Bye Ivy."

"Bye." I said before walking off.

Before going through the glass doors I stopped and backed up.

I wanted to see what the place connected to it was that he came out of. On the glass door it said Counseling Center.

"Hmm." I said before going back to the doors I needed to enter.

After my meeting with my social worker I headed home.

Since I am 17 I wanted to talk about the process of turning 18 in foster care. She gave me a lot of information that I didn't even know. They will continue to help for a while after you age out.

My foster mom, Ms. Monica, said I can continue to to live with her which I am extremely thankful for and I plan to stay until I feel 100% secure I can find a good apartment and live on my own. I have been working and saving up since I was 15. I have a good amount saved up, but I want to have even more.

I thought it was gonna be oh you're 18 now? Bye, you're on your own, no more financial help for you. But I just learned today it's different if the process and steps are taken.

"That's dirty as fuck, Tink. Hot Cheetos and a pickle, really?" Slim asked walking up to my porch.

"Yup eat a little hot cheeto, take a bite of the pickle, crunch it together, bomb!" I said laughing at the disgusting face he made.

"Bye, you missing out." I said.

"How yo stomach don't be fucked up?"

I shrugged eating some more.

"Slim you know everybody." I said when people kept walking by speaking to him.