Chapter 16:

two years later...

Ivy
*******

"Hey Tink baby." A regular Mrs. Miller who everyone calls grandma said as soon as I walked into the restaurant.

"Hi grandma." I said hugging her.

"Come be my waitress, you know I only fool with you. That other girl, that little hoe, she can be lazy and rude." She whispered making me laugh.

"You know I got you mama. Let me just go put my stuff away and clock in." I said.

"Ooh, you late." I said a few hours later when Ms. Angie showed up.

"I own the place how am I late?" She asked.

"You right boss lady, you right." I said.

"I'm about to take a quick break." I said since I just gave all my tables their food.

"I'm about to go, you need to be out here." Tiara annoying ass said.

"Girl bye you were suppose to be done here two years ago, I'll be back before it's your time to go." I said before continuing on my way.

"Can you just fire her ass?" I ask Ms. Angie as we enter her office.

"Why must y'all work my nerves?"

"That's not me, you love me."

"I know and you the only one I can completely depend on during the weekends, everybody else bitch, moan, and complain."

"See everybody sleep tho. Friday through Sunday evenings are grind time. That's when you get the most tips. While at least for me. Most of the other girls want off on the weekend evenings not knowing that's when the real money comes in."

The weekend is when everybody goes out and everybody loves Ms Angie's restaurant so they'll usually stop here before going out and getting drunk. And the hood dudes always leave big tips. On those nights I can leave work with at least $500 in tips.

"That's because them niggas be wanting ya ass." Ms. Angie said.

"No, some of them know idiot and what we had." I said rolling my eyes. "Plus some know of me from Slim, Deandre, Mike, and yeah some of them just want my attention."

"The hoe that knows all the hood niggas." Ms. Angie said.

"Bye that's over two years old." I said laughing with her.

"You talk to Jigz lately?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Nope. He called what two weeks ago."

"I'ma continue to pray for him."

"He's a confused idiot."

"Stop, Tink."

"I just hate not knowing if he's okay because he never keeps the same damn number long so I have to wait for him to call me. Then when I intentionally don't answer the unknown number he wanna throw a bitch fit and pop up at my apartment."

"I hate that I care so much. I would just like to know he's alive at the end of the fuckin day, but no I hear from him once a week if that. Shit gives me anxiety."

"You do be too paranoid now. It's understandable considering everything, but damn Tink you be scaring me how scared you get. Like that time my phone dead and I was late getting to you."

"I do that to Cierra too. She was suppose to text me when she got home the one night. I was texting and calling her, you'd think I was her crazy girlfriend or something. But then I called Mike and he said she was sleep and he didn't know where her phone was."