Chapter 23

I started thinking about all the possibilities that might have happened and Scott couldn't tell me. And believe me, when I start imagining. There's no stopping me.

So I took the next plane to California, it took a while but I got their before Scott was out of school.

I walked into Derek's new hang out spot. And girl jumped on him and began to kiss him. Disturbed, I cleared my throat. "Am I just in time for the orgy?" Derek threw her off of him, she landing on the floor. Then I saw curly and a black man and smiled.
"It's the last time you do that." Derek said.
"Why because I'm a beta?" She asked.
"No because I have someone else in mind for you." Derek said.
"Are we done here? I got about a hundred bones that need healing." Curly said.
"Really lemme see." Derek said, he grabbed Isaacs arm and snapped it.
"Ah!" Curly yelled.
"What the hell Derek?!" I asked.
"You think I'm here to teach you how to fight?!" Derek said, "No! I'm here to teach you how to survive!"
"So.." I looked at the girl and then Derek, "Curly, I missed you!" I helped him off the floor, and hugged him, he clenched his arm, "Derek." I turned to Derek; "you little.." I slapped Derek, the girl laughed.
"Did you expect that?" The girl said to Derek, I giggled.
"I like her." I stated, "Leny nice to meet you."
"Erica nice to meet you too--"
"What are you doing here?" Derek asked, he was pissed.
"Hey, don't be mad. An eye for an eye." I said.
"No." He said.
"Come on!" I said, "I know you love me!" I grabbed him by this waist, and gave him a little shake. He grabbed my hands and threw them off of him. I cupped his face and he did the same. I giggled, "Your mad."
"Your stupid." He said getting defensive.
"Your adorable you know that?" I asked, "it's Isaac right, curly?"
"Yeah." Curly said, I smiled.
"What are you doing here?" Derek asked again."
"Oh." I said, "yeah, uh I don't know Scott called and said he needed help or something.. know anything about it?"
"Nothing." Curly said, "zero,zilch,Nada!"
"Well damn." I said.
"We don't know anything, just that it killed Isaacs father,"
"Oh my god." I said, "are you ok?" I asked towards curly.
"Yeah, he was kinda a dick." He said.
"He beat the hell out of you." Erica said.
"Yeah. I guess your right--"
"That's why you had a busted lip the first time I saw you!" I said, "Well I never knew my dad- or adaptive dad-- or any dad figure really.. maybe that's why I have daddy issues."
"We should go..." Isaac said, to Erica and the black man.
"Yeah." Erica said, the exited and I looked at Derek who couldn't keep his eyes off me.
"Well Derek. Who's the alpha in your pack?" I asked.
"Me." He said, I snickered.
"Seriously." I said.
"Yeah, seriously, I am." He said.
"No your not." I said, I play fully punched his arm, "well congrats on that! How do you become alpha. I heard you have to kill a alpha to become one."
"Yep." Derek said.
"What? You killed a person, like not even an undead person--"
"It was going to kill people. So I'm not sorry I killed it."
"Why do you keep on referring it as a 'it'? It is a human, it was a breathing thing!"
"It was the thing that killed my sister, it was the thing that turned your brother, and it was my uncle." He said, I looked him in the eyes.
"You killed your uncle--"
"That killed my sister, yes!" He said.
"God, what is wrong with your family? So broken. So much like mine." I said, I sat down on the steps.
"At least you get to see your parents, and siblings." Derek said, "mine are all dead." I shook my head.
"Scotts not my real brother." I said.
"Really?" Derek asked, "you guys look alike."
"I was adopted." I said, I cleared my throat, "as much as I would like to forget about my real parents.. I just can't.. They died when I was four, you know, I had twin brothers.. but they were white adopted, but my parents treated us the same. My mom was white mixed with Mexican. And my dad was black. So them together, made me." He smiled.
"And I'm happy for that." He said, I smiled back.
"I have to go.. There's lacrosse practice and I have to see Scott." I said.