Chapter 19

I walked on to the lacrosse field where I saw the lacrosse team and coach. I was wearing boy shorts and a sports bra.
"Hello everyone." I said.
"Your late." Coach said.
"Oh I'm never late, darling. Everyone else is just simply early!" I said.
"Alright, so warm up and then we'll work on plays." Coach said, we all were heading for the field when coach stopped me, "Miss. McCall. Your jersey."
"I was going to ask when I was gonna get that."
"Alright." He said, "we only have men's size, so your a extra small. You get jersey number one."
"Alright--"
"And also, put on a shirt." He said, "theirs guys here." I crossed my arms.
"Nothing they haven't seen on their computer screens." I said, and walked away. I began to stretch, and the guy's surrounded me. I did a bridge and did a flip to stand, "What?" One boy caught my eye, he had blond curly hair. He had a beautiful face, didn't seem like the talking type. I noticed a busted lip. I noticed I was staring and giggled, "Alright." I tried to leave the circle I was in but they trapped me in.
"Funny." I said, "Scott!" I called out from all the tall guys, "hey captain!"
"I would be the captain." Jackson said, entering the circle.
"Alright, can you tell them to let me out of this circle." I said, everyone else but coach joined the circle of Jackson calling me out.
"What's going on?" My brother Scott asked, we ignored him.
"Only if you leave this team. Your not a jock." Jackson said.
"Sure." I said, he looked confused, "I know, I know. Your scared coach is gonna give captain to me. Wouldn't blame him." I said, "I did make one of the best teams in this nation." I leaned to his ear, "and not because I'm a girl and the boys on the other team had crushes- or that They went easy on me because I'm a girl or that I had vamp speed." I whispered, "So. Let's see who's really better. We never settled this yesterday. Of course unless your scared--"
"I'm not scared of anything." Jackson protested.
"Fine then it's settled. you. Me right now."
"Alright." Jackson said, "Pick your goalie. Mines Danny. And since I'm being nice, you can pick your team members first--"
"Leny you don't have to--" I put my hand in his face to stop Scott from talking, and nodded to Jackson.
"Alright." I said, "Hey you, curly." I indicated to the blonde I was staring at, "wanna be my goalie?"
"Uh, I don't really--"
"Ok, your on my team." I said, "Silinski. McCall. Uh... you." I pointed to a four other players.
"Alright." I said, "my team gets this side." I pointed left and everyone went to their side but Jackson and I.
"Hey, don't take it so hard when you lose." Jackson said
"Oh baby, we already went over this.. I don't lose." I said, I went to my side of the field, "Alright, everyone, to the goal." At the goal I was teaching curly all the things that he needed to know for being goalie, "alright you have to keep you eyes on the ball at all times. No dozing off because you need to be locked and ready to go. Which brings me to the next thing, you gotta be on your ready position at all times, it means that your top hand thumb is at eye level with the crossbar. Your knees should be bent and apart you need to cover the full goal. Now what I found, in order to have extra give when you stop a shot, your hands should be about one and a half feet out in front of you. Look at the shooters eyes, usually they tend to glance at the goal and look back then throw it-- ok you look very confused."
"I've never played goalie--"
"Alright who here has played goalie?" I asked to the team, everyone looked around but no one answered.
"No one." Scott said, "this is a bad idea Leny." I tilted my head at Scott.
"You can be goalie." I said, I grabbed an extra Goalie stick and handed it to Scott, "you got this." I patted his back.
"I don't think this a good idea." Stiles said.
"Why so?" I asked.
"Because were so gonna get smoked." Stiles said.
"What I learned from going to state is that a positive attitude will get you any where... And that I never lose so.. Just play smart. We have to decide now who the worst players are and we don't make them feel shitty. We just help them get better because nobody Is perfect! So, our defenseman are going to be obviously Scott. You number 26, you number 18. You number 32, 44, and 28 will be midfielders. And the rest of us, are attack men. Is everyone ready?" I asked, they nodded, "what's a ready cool name for our team?"
"The hurricanes." Stiles said, "get it because their the cyclones and we..." He cleared his throat.
"Yeah well just not have a name." I said, "on one we say team. Three.. Two.. One!"
"Team!" We all said, we got into our field positions.
"Alright stiles and curly. Ready to kick some ass?" I asked.
"Leny, I'm usually on the bench--"
"Stiles." I said, "We're gonna kick ass. Right curly?" I playfully punched curly's arm, "what's your name anyway?"
"Isaac." He said.
"Cute name." I said with a smile. Jackson joined me in the middle for the ball grabbing. Not as dirty as it seems I swear. I fixed my arms pads and cracked my neck. Coach throw up the ball and I jumped up and caught it. Then threw it to Isaac, in a panic he threw towards stiles but Jackson got it before stiles and threw it into the net. Scoring a point.

I collapsed out of breath. "How are you tired if your a vampire." Scott asked, kneeling next to me.
"I don't know, everything hurts." I gasped for air, "something's wrong."
"What wrong princess?" Coach asked.
"She can't breath."
"Your out of breath?"
"Yes, but not because this isn't to much to handle--"
"The paramedics are on their way." Stiles said, "they said don't move her until they get here." I felt a sharp pain through out my body. Almost paralyzing me.
"Alright everyone give her space!" Coach said, everyone didn't budge, "Move!" They scattered away. Paramedics ran to the field with a gurney. They lifted me and laid me on it, immediately giving me their full attention.
"Scott." I chocked out, he ran next to the paramedics and went into the ambulance with me. The feeling was as if being straggled.