Confessions

The trip back to the ship was long and uncomfortable. Kasai had never carried so many people before for so long. Lillian sat in the front with Zuko close behind her. He had both his hands on her hips and even though Kasai wasn't moving fast, he still held her hips. Lillian and Zuko haven't spoke about their 'almost kiss' but she couldn't stop thinking about it. Lillian felt Uncle fidget behind Zuko as he tried to get comfortable, "So Lillian dear, I couldn't help but notice that you know young June?" Iroh asked with a small smile on his face. Lillian shrugged her shoulder's, "I met her when I was traveling up stream." Lillian said in a bored tone. Iroh stroked his beard, "And how about a boy?" Zuko felt Lillian's body stiffen at Iroh's question, "I'm sure you must have encountered some unwanted attention?" Iroh continued. Lillian shook her head, " Well... I met a fortune teller. But that's all really Uncle." Lillian said with a small blush. Iroh was about to ask another question but Zuko gave him a death glare which resulted in Iroh pouting like a child.

Kasai entered a large shady area that was filled with weeping willow trees. Zuko was staring straight ahead when he noticed Lillian yawn and her eyes tear up. Zuko didn't know what he was doing but it felt right. He moved his arms forward passed Lillian's hips and placed his hands over hers on top of the reins. Lillian opened her fingers lightly which allowed Zuko to lace his fingers in-between hers. Lillian turned her head slightly and smiled at Zuko with a small blush. Zuko returned her smile before whispering in her ear, "Maybe you should rest. I'll take over until you wake up.". Zuko's lips brushed lightly against her ear as he spoke, "Just 20 minutes, ok?" Lillian said as she laid back against Zuko's chest. Before Lillian drifted off she felt Zuko wrap an arm securely around her waist before placing a soft kiss on the crown of her head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moon was high in the sky when Kasai finally reached Zuko's ship.  Zuko and Iroh jumped off of Kasai and gathered their things. Lillian stood in front of the Lionshark stroking his soft warm fur. Kasai slumped to the ground and began breathing heavyily, "Awww, are you tired from carrying all that grumpiness?" Lillian cooed Kasai as Zuko gave her a deadpan expression, "Maybe you and Kasai should spend the night to gather your strength?" Iroh suggested as he walked up to the main deck. Lillian noticed Zuko's face fall sad slightly, "I don't know uncle. I'm sure there's an Inn near by." Lillian said. Iroh turned and looked down at the two firebenders, "Well, I would say take your old room but it's now a storage room." Iroh said with a small mischievous smile. Lillian raised her brow, "Storage for what?" Lillian asked baffeled. Zuko pinched the bridge of his nose, "Uncle felt the need to buy a 2000 piece tea set..." Zuko said annoyed. Lillian's eyes widened in shock, "2000 PIECE?!?!" Lillian yelled. Iroh nodded at the young girl, "I'm sure you and Prince Zuko can share his chambers for tonight. Then you can leave tomorrow morning." Iroh finally said and then left. Zuko noticed Lillian's cheeks turn pink, "I really don't mind finding an Inn." Lillian said as she loosened Kasai's saddle, "No, um. uh, let's just get Kasai by the Rhino's and then we will talk about sleeping arrangements." Zuko said as he marched onto the ship. Lillian giggled softly at the Prince before leading Kasai up the ramp and to the animal quarters below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Just a little bit of naughty reading below.)

Once Kasai was asleep, Lillian sat on the railing of the ship gazing at the small village that was lit by the moonlight. Lillian had forgotten how cold it got in the evenings so she breathed 3 flames in her hands and heated herself up, "You should go inside before you get ill." Zuko's voice said from behind her. Lillian nodded at the Prince and then made her way to his room. Once inside Lillian changed into her sleeping clothes and sat on Zuko's bed. Her eyes fell on the dual swords on his wall, "The blue spirit.." Lillian whispered under her breath with a small smile. Zuko entered his room with two cups of hot tea, "That smells really good." Lillian said as she took her cup from Zuko. Zuko smiled and then drank his whole cup in one gulp. Lillian finally finished her tea and placed the tea cup on Zuko's table next to a few scrolls and a painting. Lillian laid back right against the wall and watched Zuko remove his armor and robes, leaving him with only his training pants. Lillian felt her face heat up and decided to turn her back to him and try to get some sleep. Zuko watched Lillian as she turned to face the wall by his bed. He stared at her taking it all in, her dark brown crop top and her red sleeping shorts. All her scars were revealed and she wasn't embarrassed by them. Zuko slowly laid down on the bed beside her leaving a full body space between them. Lillian turned around to face Zuko, "How's the search going?" Lillian whispered. Zuko turned his head slightly and met her eyes, "It's going okay I guess." Zuko said quietly. Lillian nodded and then closed her eyes, "Goodnight Grumpy." Lillian said as she yawned, "Night Lilly." Zuko whispered.