The Siege of the North

Iroh found Lillian with Kasai at one of the nearby taverns, "Hey hot stuff, you wanna- hey! Ahhhhh!" Lillian flung the drunk man over a table and stood over him, "Don't. Touch me. Or else..." Lillian growled. Iroh walked in with two of Zhao's soldiers closely behind him, "Lillian?" Iroh spoke softly as he stood beside the young girl, Lillian rolled her eyes, "Not now General Iroh... I don't wish to speak with traitors..." Lillian said as she walked towards the small fighting ring that was in the corner of the tavern. "Have you got strength? Can you face the undefeated champion Kejo ?!?!?" Yelled a short man in a red robe. Lillian placed down a gold piece and started to walk to enter the ring but Iroh caught her arm, "What are you doing!?" Iroh demanded. Lillian stared at Iroh with angry and hurt eyes hoping to intimidate him, but it didn't work, "I'm mourning... Unlike you... You joined Zhao the moment Zuko died! What would Zuko have said?" Lillian hissed. One of the soldiers stepped forward but Iroh kept him back, "New pets? I see the new job comes with its perks. cute..." Lillian smiled with an evil grin. Iroh noticed that something was very off about Lillian. Her eyes weren't the bright crimson they always were but a dull redish brown. It seemed as if all her happiness had disappeared. Iroh watched Lillian enter the ring and take her stance, "Fighter's Ready!" The referee yelled, "FIGHT!" Lillian charged forward at a large man with a long beard. She heard the crowd boo and whisper under their breaths about her hair color,"Foolish girl!" Yelled an old man "She's going to get herself killed" said the owner, "I'll crush you little girl." The Kejo snickered as he threw a fast punch towards Lillian's head. Lillian ducked under one of his punches and then held his arm firm before she kicked him hard in his face causing him to fly through the wall. Everyone in the room gasped, "that little girl has some serious strength." wowed one of the people in the crowd, "She doesn't belong in the army!" said a young man, "She's quite odd with that pale hair color." gossip another old woman. Lillian heard them ramble on and had finally had it, "ENOUGH!" Lillian yelled as white flames began circling around her body. She clenched her fists at her side. Lillian faced the crowd and stared at all the fearful faces. The people in the tavern have never seen white fire and seemed to be afraid, "People fear what they do not know..." Lillian whispered under her breath thinking about wheat her grandmother always said. Iroh stepped forward and took Lillian's arm lightly, "My dear... Please have tea with me?" Iroh asked softly as Lillian's eyes still wondered the crowd before she sighed and nodded slowly, "One cup and then I'm leaving..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian's stomach was churning from the swaying of the ship. You'd think that after living for almost 3 years on one her stomach would be used to it. Lillian was still trying to figure how she got herself into this mess. Iroh had asked her to drink tea and then challenged her to play a game of pai sho which she of course lost... And now she's leaning over the side of the General Zhao's ship barfing her breakfast out. Iroh had told Zhao that he would work in command of his ship only if he allowed Lillian to be his right hand. Zhao being the nice person he is would obviously not deny the Princess of the Tenshi a position on his ship. Lillian stood straight and walked past the two main guards that were assigned to her and Iroh. The one guard's name was Katsu and he was a non-bender. Lillian enjoyed his company because he was serious and funny at the same time. He kept her mind off Zuko and her heartache. Katsu told Lillian about his home village and his family that were waiting for his return. He had a daughter who was 3 years old now and showed promise of being a fire bender. He even asked Lillian if she would consider teaching her fire bending once they return to the main land. Lillian agreed to teach her if he promised to bake his famous fire jacks in return. The other guard never spoke to either of them and just nodded his head in agreement of orders and questions. Katsu said he was a new recruit and all he knew was that he was a strong bender. Katsu remained at Lillian's side as for the other guy he remained close to Iroh.