Sozin's comet Part 3

"Sokka, Toph and Suki should take out the airships." Stated Jeong Jeong as the member's of the white lotus sat around a map. Iroh sat between Lillian and Zuko as they all discussed their plans, "Zuko, you must return to the fire nation and claim the throne when Azula falls." Iroh said as he gazed at Zuko. Lillian's eyes then met her grandfather, "Has there been any word on where the slayer would be?" Lillian asked focused on the map. Ping nodded, "We believe he will be leading the attack into ba sing sai under the orders of Ozai." Ping said gaining gasps from the other member's. Lillian stood, "Then it's settled... I'll stay with the white lotus and face the slayer." Lillian bowed to the member's. Zuko stood, "No! You can't do it alone! I refuse!" Zuko hissed at Lillian facing her. Ping's eyes traveled from Lillian's figure to Zuko, "Excuse me? I can take him! I have the dragon crystal swords!" Lillian huffed crossing her arms. Iroh raised his arms, "uh, maybe you two should-" Zuko growled, "Your so stubborn! Why do you refuse help!" Zuko yelled. Lillian breathed fire as she threw her arms up in the air, "BLAME HIM!" Lillian hissed as she gestured to Ping. Zuko faced Ping and raised his brow, Ping felt the sweat form at his brow, "Uh, I have nothing to say." Ping said simply. Lillian growled again before stomping out of the tent. Zuko made his way to follow but Ping stopped him, "May I speak to you in private Prince Zuko?" Ping asked looking worried. Zuko took in a deep breath, "Yes, Of Course Sir." Zuko sighed defeated.

Ping led Zuko to an open area outside of the camp, "Please excuse Lillian... It is true I raised her to never have to rely on anyone other than herself." Ping started. Zuko nodded as he listened to the old man. Ping smiled, "When Lillian was young she had this amazing strong spirit that would never grow weak. Her soul was bright and her eyes matched that. The crimson eyes among us tenshi represent a leader and savior." Ping stated, "Lillian is the future Queen of the temple, and in order for her voice to be heard beyond the ancestors. She has this idea of running the kingdom as two halves. I believe its thanks to you, Prince Zuko." Ping smiled at Zuko. There was silence as Zuko's face was slightly shocked, "Me? How is this me?" Ping smiled at the young Prince, "When Lillian was born... Scarlet and I had a vision from the spirits. We saw a young strong woman with yellow fire hair and crimson eyes stand beside the fire lord. That union bought the fire tenshi and fire nation together. I saw a young man with a scar and have known for the past 3 years that it was you Prince Zuko. Lillian's destiny is beside you, but I warn... Scarlet was not happy by the sight we saw, she believed that Tenshi should remain secret from the world but I felt that we would be accepted and wanted by the people. This disagreement.... was the cause of our separation truly. Your and Lillian's path will not end with this war. There will be hard times to follow and but I know you both will come out at the end." Ping placed his hand on Zuko's shoulder and gave him a light squeeze, "Just promise me something..." Ping whispered. Zuko nodded and stared deeply into Ping's eyes, "Promise me that you wont stop fighting with her." Zuko's eyes widened, "not many men have asked me to fight their daughters or well granddaughters." Zuko said but Ping smiled, "Lillian's spirit is a blaze when she fights for something she believes in and I know one thing for sure... She believes in you Prince Zuko." Ping smiled and hugged Zuko. Lillian watched from a distance as her grandfather spoke to Zuko, "You crazy old man..." Lillian whispered as a single tear slid down her cheek.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gang gathered around to say their last goodbyes, "Where is dragon girl?" Toph asked as Zuko and Sokka stood beside her. Katara smiled, "She's getting ready, she'll be here soon." Suki smirked as she slide between Zuko and Sokka. Zuko raised his brow, "Getting ready?" Zuko asked, "Yeah, her Uncle had her armor bought through last night." Suki smirked, "Oh yeah! She may need that!" Toph shrugged.