Why didn't We Listen?

The gang waited for Zuko and Katara's return at the mountain side where they had left them.

Aang and Lillian were sparing in the meadow, "come on little buddy, you need to be fierce. Firebending needs power, not just strategies. Stop evading and attack." Lillian lectured Aang in between her white blasts of fire, "Maybe if you show a bit of mercy he would?" Sokka said with his arms crossed outside the fight ring, "Fire Lord Ozai won't show mercy so neither will I." Lillian shrugged before running towards Aang and wrapping her legs around his neck flipping him over so the she could crush him in a thigh head hold. Aang tapped the floor repeatedly, "Uncle! Uncle!" Aang cried as he surrendered. Lillian sighed before releasing him and standing up, "okay okay, maybe I'm a bit harsh?" Lillian shrugged dusting herself off, "A bit!?" Aang cried with sad puppy eyes, "you nearly killed me!" Aang stated crossing his arms over his chest and throwing a minor tantrum. Lillian's eyes softened, the hope of the entire world relied on the Avatar but yet we all seem to forget that his only a 12 year old almost 13 young boy. Kids his age want fun, games and to laugh, "how about this, to say sorry, let's go have fun in the skies a bit?" Lillian suggested throwing her arm over Aangs shoulders. Sokka suddenly rushed between the two, "Oh no no no no!" Sokka stated before sliding Aang and Lillian away from another, "You two will give away our position. Who knows if Azula and that weird large chicken guy is?" Sokka whined. Lillian rolled her eyes before nudging Aang to watch her. The moment Sokka turned his back, "Aang needs to be protected and trained! We can't -" there was a sudden whoosh of air that flipped Sokka forward, "Aang! What's the big idea!" Sokka growled as he faced the young airbender. Aang raised his hands in defense, don't look at me, look up! " Aang said pointing up towards Lillian who hovered above him, " you were saying? "Lillian asked crossing her arms and glaring at Sokka. Aang giggled and formed his air scooter, "Just 30 minutes. Who knows when Zuko and Katara will return?" Aang begged. Sokka gave in and decided they all should have some fun, "what shall we do?" Suki asked snaking her arms around Sokka  torso, "how about we do some cliff diving?" Aang suggested as he bounced around. Suki grinned and Sokka seemed nervous, "yeah! Great idea! Toph, your going to join us right?" Suki called. Toph suddenly found the pebbled she was holding very interesting, "I can't swim, remember." Toph groaned. Lillian hovered above Toph, "tell you what, I'll teach you!" Lillian grinned. Toph raised her brows, "No thanks dragon girl, I'll stick to earth and not water sky stuff." Toph said causing Lillians eyes to fall, "awww, okay, pebble." Lillian's smiled returned, "let's go!" Lillian cheered as she swooped past everyone and pulled Aang along.

All four stood over looking the side of the mountain to the clear blue water crashing below, "That's uh... where high..." Sokka gulped backing away, "That looks like fun!" Lillian and Aang cheered. Suki seemed a bit nervous, "If you guys chicken out, I'll just swoop down and catch you." Lillian shrugged stretching out her arms. Everyone stood in suitable clothes for swimming, "Okay, whose going first?" Toph asked as she laid in her back picking her toes. Aang raised her his arm like a school boy, "oo o o ! ME!" There was a sudden rush of wind causing Lillian and Suki's hair to flung over their faces. Sokka rushed to the side of the mountain and gazed over and Aang's figure getting smaller and smaller, then a small splat of white.  Sokka's face was pale " Awww man... Katara is so going to kill me if she finds out." Lillian placed her hand on Sokka's shoulder, "And Zuko sooo would not approve about this super non-firebending activity!" Lillian giggled before running as fast as she could and leaped off the cliff side. The wind stung as it kissed her cheeks. Lillian watched as the raging water got closer and closer and then suddenly...

It was silent except for the bubbles of air escaping Lillian's ear. Lillian felt the cool water surround her skin, times like these made her wonder how it would feel to be a waterbender. When Lillian opened her eyes she noticed Aang swimming towards her with a large grin on his face. Aang bent a bubble of air around them, gasping at the air Lillian and Aang stared silently at one another before bursting out into a fit of giggles, "That was great!" Aang cheered, "I know! Lets fly up and do it again!" Lillian suggested. Before Aang could agree Lillian had taken off into the water again and broke the surface with a form of grace he had never seen before. Aang followed right behind Lillian rushing past her and being the first one to reach the cliff side. When he hear a familiar growl from his bison, he knew... fun time was over. Lillian flew up at the speed of lightning and landed with her back facing everyone. Lillian faced Aang and grinned, "That was great! Screw 30 minutes, lets do this until we hear Appa and then we'll just pop 50 fire squats and Zuko will think we've been training all day!" Lillian was so happy but Aang tried to interupt her as his eyes fell on Zuko who had his arms crossed and brow raised, "hmmm, that doesn't look like fire squats?" Zuko growled. Lillian's face fell, "uh oh...."