Why Me?

Ever since Lillian had saved the Avatar and Zuko from the prison hold she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Zuko seemed distant for some odd reason and she couldn't understand why. He was avoiding her at all costs and wouldn't remain in the same room as her for longer than 5 minutes. Every time Lillian wanted to hand over a report or to suggest a new port for new supplies, Zuko wouldn't even give her a chance before he storms off ordering her to relay the message to Jee. "We need a few supplies but not anything urgent that would require us to stop Lady Lillian."Jee said as he gave Lillian the morning report. Lillian held her chin and nodded as she focused on the map, " Do we have enough coal to last us until the next port after this one?"Lillian asked Jee as she tried to measure the distances. Jee leaned over Lillian's shoulder as he stared at the map, "Actually... No. My apologies Lady Lillian for the false information."Jee said as he rolled up the mad and placed it back on the shelf, "So We will be stopping at the next port by late this afternoon."Lillian ordered Jee as she stared at the ocean, "Uh... actually... Prince Zuko has given orders that we are not to take any orders from you anymore..."Jee said as a bead of sweat fell from his face. Lillian spun around with a shock expression on her face, "He What?!?!"Lillian exclaimed. Jee took a small step backwards, "He said that you were unfit to r-run this ship!"Jee blurted out. Lillian's face fell, "Was this when I fell ill?" Lillian asked as she took a step closer causing Jee to step back, "Y-Yes..."Jee stammered, "Nothing to worry about captain. My illness is gone so I am now able to command this ship once more. Now... stop at the next port."Lillian said as she waved over he shoulder and walked out of the control room, "Yes Lady Lillian..."Jee responded.

Lillian returned to her room to relax. Kasai laid on his back with his paws in the air and his tail tucked in by his tummy. Lillian smiled at the Lionshark, "hmmm, I think that a nice long hot bath is way over due for myself."Lillian whispered to herself as she raised her hands above her head. Lillian put the tub in the center of her room and began to fill it with water. Lillian heated the water to just the right temperature and slowed herself in the tub. Lillian poured some of her bath oils in and laid her head back allowing a large yawn to escape her mouth, "A small nap wont do any harm..."Lillian whispered as she fell asleep.

Zuko was storming up to the control room, "Who gave you permission to change course !" Zuko barked at Jee who just finished steering the ship. Jee raised his brow at the Prince but answered respectfully, "Lady Lillian suggested we stop to gain more coal for our journey to the North Sir."Jee answered. Zuko blew steam from his nose, "Captain, I gave you an order not to take orders anymore from Lillian!"Zuko yelled. Iroh stepped in to find his nephew pinching the bridge of his nose, "What is the matter Prince Zuko?"Iroh asked curiously. Zuko took a deep breath, "Ever since I realized Crest was a Tenshi and he knew Lillian... I can't help but think she knew..." Zuko said, Iroh walked closer to his nephew, "Have you tried talking to her?"Iroh asked gently. Zuko shook his head, "Every time I try I get so angry!"Zuko growled. Captain Jee stepped forward, "Apologies for the interruption Sir, but we will have to stop at the port. We do not have any coal left..."Jee said slowly keeping an eye on Zuko for his reaction, "If Lillian didn't change our course then we would have ENOUGH! That's it!"Zuko growled as he stormed out. Iroh and Jee stood in the control unaware of the hell that was about to break loose.

Zuko forced Lillian's door open and barged in, "Lillian we need to tal-" there was a splash and then a piercing scream filled the whole ship... "ahhhhhhhhh!!! Getoutgetoutegetout!!!!! GET OUT!!!!"Lillian screamed as she tried to cover herself up as much as possible. Zuko stood frozen in front of her tub with his face as crimson as her eyes, "I uh, umm uh...." Zuko stuttered at Lillian as her body was still dripping wet and the only thing covering her was her bed sheet which didn't cover much. Lillian felt her own face burn up as Zuko kept staring at her. Iroh rushed down the hall towards Lillian's room with two guards following shortly behind him. As he approached the slightly opened door he heard Lillian gasp and then *SLAP* The young Prince stumbled out of her room holding his left cheek, "I SAID GET OUT!" Lillian shrieked as she slammed the door. Iroh stood shocked in the hallway as Zuko leaned against the wall staring at the closed door, "What in Agni's name?"Iroh mumbled. Zuko met Iroh's eyes and become blood red in his face, "I... uh.. walked i-in on her bathing..."Zuko stuttered. Iroh closed his eyes and began laughing at his nephew as he watched Zuko slip into his room.

It was dinner time when Lillian finally decided to show her face. Iroh sat Beside Zuko pouring some tea, "ah, Lady Lillian. Glad to see that you are well rested."Iroh said as he sat down. Lillian sat across from Zuko and beside Iroh. Zuko kept staring at his food as Lillian dished up her own noodles. Iroh decided to produce a fake yawn as he stood up and bowed, "Goodnight, I will leave you two to have a much needed talk."Lillian choked on her tea at Iroh's statement. Once Iroh left the room the silence haunted Lillian and Zuko. Lillian started to slurp her noodles when Zuko finally spoke, "Uh...Sorry.." Zuko whispered. Lillian swallowed her noodles quickly so that she could respond, "um, its uh...fine.. um"Lillian felt her face heat up as she looked up at Zuko to see his golden eyes staring at her, the same golden eyes that saw her naked in the bath, "Anyway... I will see you in the morning."Zuko said as he stood up, "What did you want to talk to me about? you know... when your barged in... What was so urgent?"Lillian asked. Zuko stood still for a moment before turning around in a full speed. Lillian sat up straight as she felt Zuko's intense gaze on her," Did you know what he was..." Zuko asked through gritted teeth. Lillian's eyes fell sad. She knew that it would come to this and she knew if she lied it could mean the end of her and Zuko's friendship, "He might have mentioned it..." Lillian placed her hand slowly over her move as she felt the breath of her words. Zuko's eyes grew angry, "You knew all this time!?!?!?" Zuko yelled. Lillian jumped at his sudden outburst, "We could have been home by now!" Zuko continued. Lillian felt a slight pain in her chest, 'does that mean he was planning on capturing a Tenshi instead?' Lillian thought to herself, "What else are you hiding from me Lillian?" Zuko questioned as he stood closer to Lillian. Lillian felt herself stop breathing when Zuko stood before her, " I - uhm... I'm sorry... I can't tell you just yet..." Lillian whispered as she looked away from Zuko and a single tear slid down her cheek. Zuko's eyes were full of hurt and anger, "Fine... What are friends for anyway huh?" Zuko said sarcasticly. Lillian sat still waiting for him to say more but he took a deep breath and said something she never expected...

"I want you off my ship by the next port..." Zuko growled and then slammed the door....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes! I know it's short.
But I had to get this out before I have a crazy day.

There will be some drama very soon!
Thanks for all the comments from all of you. I appreciate them. I had a laugh reading a few.

Please Remeber to vote and comment.
Feel free to message me for a chat!

Darkninja. Out!