The Headband

Lillian's eyebrow twitched in irritation as Sokka kept shuffling from side to side in Appa's saddle. Katara rolled her eyes at her brother while petting Kasai, "He seems to like you" Lillian smiled. Katara nodded, "He reminds me of a sealcat I had once." Katara cooed, "I think I see a cave!" Aang burst, "Shhhhh!!!! Keep quiet!" Sokka hushed, Lillian threw her head back and groaned. The mist that Aang bent to cover the bison disappeared and Lillian looked over the rocky beach, "Great job with the cloud camo, but next time, let's disguise ourselves as the kind of cloud who knows how to keep its mouth shut." Sokka said dusting his sleeves. Lillian jumped off and landed beside Toph, "I'll shut it for you." Lillian mumbled crossing her arms, "Yeah, we wouldn't want a bird to hear us chatting up there and turn us in." Toph's sarcasm clear in her voice, "Hey! We're in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds." Sokka pointed back at a boulder, "Actually Sokka those are toucan puffins, they're known to be extremely friendly and if trained properly could make a great watch bird." Lillian said matter of factly. Katara and Aang burst out laughing as one of the Toucan puffins landed on Sokka's head. Sokka is un-amused by the bird and shakes his head. The group walk towards the cave, Lillian watches Sokka lurking behind them on all fours and raises her brow, "What are you-"  suddenly, Sokka leaps over everyone's heads to ward off some threat but Lillian just sees a cave hopper bounce away. Peering suspiciously about, Sokka dashes into the cave, followed by the rest of the gaang. "Well, this is it. This is how we'll be living until the invasion begins. Hiding in cave after cave...after cave...after cave..." Sokka groaned, "Sokka, we don't need to become cave people. What we need is some new clothes." Katara shrugged, "Yeah, blending in is better than hiding out. If we get Fire Nation disguises, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave." Aang added, "Plus...they have real food out there. Does anyone wanna sit in the dirt and eat cave-hoppers?" Toph says while punching the wall of the cave causing a bunch of cave hoppers to come out of hiding, "I know exactly where to go for some new clothes!" Lillian fist pumped the air, "Let's get some new clothes." Sokka shrugged and smiled. 

Lillian led the group to a small laundry house, "Here we are." Lillian smiled looking at the different clothes, "I don't know about this. These clothes belong to somebody." Aang said guilty, "I call the silk robe!" Katara called before running to gather her clothes, "But if it's essential to our survival...then I call the suit!" there was a gust of wind as Aang ran past. Lillian rigged her shoulders and then proceeded to do her own 'Shopping', "Would you mind getting me something?" Toph asked Lillian sheepishly, "No problem pebble." Lillian said over her shoulder.

Lillian grabbed a clothes for herself and Toph and met Katara behind a boulder to dress, "Feels so weird wearing red again." Lillian mumbled as she pulled her singed earth kingdom clothes over her head, "Feels weird wearing red in general for me." Katara said while undoing her braid. Toph huffed as she felt the clothing that Lillian got her trying to make sens what is what, "Let me help you pebble." Lillian smiled walking over to Toph in her under garments exposing her scars to Katara, "I could do it." Toph groaned as Lillian pulled her shirt over. Katara stared at Lillian's bare bottom back that was covered in scars and then two single scars just beneath her shoulder blades. Lillian placed her hands on her hips as she admired the outfit that she picked for Toph, "I was never the type of girl that enjoyed dress up... but I must say, you look amazing in red!" Lillian cooed Toph in a big sister manner, "What do you think Kat-" Lillian swallowed her words when she saw Katara's eyes filled with tears, "Hey, what's the matter?" Lillian whispered. Katara shook her head and wiped her tears away, "The firenation do suffer at their own hands, don't they?" Katara choked. Lillian raised her brow confused, "Where's this coming from?" Katara looked at the floor guilty, "Your back.... It's-" Lillian raised her hand, "It's from protecting the people I love. Same as my arm..." Toph stood closer, "What scars are they?" Toph asked gaining a smile from Lillian, "Here, feel for yourself." Lillian said taking Toph's hand and placing it on her lower back. Lillian watched as Toph's milky green eyes widened, "Those are burn marks." Katara said slightly angry, "And these." Lillian guided Toph's hand to her shoulder blades, "Are where my wings expand from." Toph smiled softly, "Their so smooth. Almost like your own skin." Lillian nodded, "Yeah. Although every time I release them it feels as if my flesh is being torn open." Toph pulled her hand back nervously, "Let's finish up." Katara said while fixing her skirt.