Chapter 38: Simpler times

{ Saturday, the teatime-part 2}

'So?' Draco asked and turned his head toward the Gryffindor boy. Harry was avoiding his eyes for the last couple of minutes and although they were sitting together on a couch in the Room of Requirement, trying to keep some conversation going, silence has once again beaten them. Of course, Draco couldn't wait to hear why Harry's summer was so special but Harry kept avoiding the theme almost as much as his deep, grey eyes.

'What?' Harry asked and kept staring into his dark cup of tea. He realized he was right in the morning; they were both finishing their third cup and the story didn't even begin yet.

'Will you keep avoiding my eyes just so you don't have to tell me the story? Come one! I know you like my eyes!' Draco swung his face in front of Harry's with a chuckle and Harry laughed. He leaned forward to peck Draco's lips while his face was still upside down.

'Not as much as you love mine'

'That's true' Draco said and kissed him again. He took their mugs and placed them down on the floor by the couch and sat back. Harry laid down and put his head on Draco's stomach so Draco could stroke his hair. And indeed, Draco buried his fingers in Harry's mess as soon as he put his head down.

'I mean, why do you even like my eyes so much?' Harry sighed and chuckled a bit.

'Because they are so fucking stupid! Like, they are sooooo green! Eyes can't be that green! It's impossible! And they are not just green! Oh no! That would be too simple for special Mr I saved the world! They have those awful little dots, brown specks in them! And they are so green! Like forest or moss or I don't know... frogs!' Draco started to talk with passion.

'And your eyelashes are so black! Like, how? How can they be so black? Mine is so light it looks like I don't have any! And then there are those bloody glasses! I don't understand why do you even wear them? They are old, broken several times, you could fix your eyesight with a swoosh of a wand or you could at least buy new ones... But you have new ones, the ones that Ella bought you! And you don't wear them! Why do you wear glasses, Harry?' He didn't wait long enough for Harry to answer.

'But then I can't imagine you without them! You would look so ugly! Anyways, did I say that your eyes are a bit too green? It's like you have two emeralds stuck in your head! You're not some expensive statue, Harry! You're a person for god sake! Still, how can your eyes be so green? DO you charm them that way? Or you use contacts? I mean, it's like you make your eyes like that on purpose so they can mock me. It's not fair! How can a Gryffindor have Slytherin green, yes and I have these stupid grey ones?' Draco finally stopped and threw his arms in the air, desperate to know the answer when Harry was laughing so hard he could feel the tears appearing in the corners of his eyes.

' So you like my eyes because they are Slytherin green?' Harry asked through laughter.

' No! I like them because they are the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. And even if I weren't with you, I would still think you have nice eyes. The fact that they are so perfectly green and not that shitty brown like Granger's is awesome. '

' How do you know what Hermione's eyes look like?'

' Remember when she punched me in the third year? Well, she got pretty close to my face'

'You had time to observe her eyes before she basically broke your nose? What you had a crush on her or something? ' Harry asked seriously wanting to know the answer.

' You aren't serious, are you? Me having a crush on Granger? I'm gay!' Draco almost laughed.

' I know, but before that you realized....'