Chapter 41: Luck, Love and Death

The Great Hall was particularly chatty on that sunny, warm, Tuesday morning. The Golden Trio was in good mood just like the rest of the castle and it seemed like the sun that has covered the four tables woke the happiness that has been lurking cold corners for months covered in snow.

Harry took a sip of his pumpkin juice and cut himself a piece of the fried sausage on his plate when Hermione put aside her finished portion of porridge and started talking about today's classes, with first being, of course, potions. It was the last day for their Felix felicis to boil and on their second lesson, they will get their grades.

Some people were excited about it, like Hermione (who was sure she made the best potion in class) but some were more nervous than happy about the fact that it's February 2nd. One of those was Ron, who was, although Hermione was his partner, worried sick about the grade they will get. And he wasn't good at hiding either. Everyone could see that the only thing that Ron Weasley, known for eating half of the table every morning, have eaten nothing more but one piece of toast with the thinnest layer of peach marmalade you've ever seen.

'Don't be so nervous, Ron.' Hermione rolled her eyes when the ginger imitated the noise of puking once more. 'I'm absolutely sure I've done everything properly.'

'I know you have but still... What if someone added something and now it's poisonous?' Ron said and buried his face in his palms at such a horrible thought.

Harry chuckled and bit into the last roll that was left of his meal that morning. 'Now, Ron, tell me... Who would do something like that?'

'Malfoy!' Ron's head jumped out of his hands and he was now angrily glaring at the blond at the table across the hall.

Draco, although seeing the disturbed Weasley back at the Gryffindor table, didn't show any sign that he noticed him. He was actually, casually eating his eggs and talking with Pansy and Blaise next to him.

When Harry glanced at them his eye caught short, hazel hair of Ella. Her shoulders were shaking with laughter and Malfoy was smirking at the joke he'd just told. Harry wished he was there because, to be honest, Gryffindor table had gotten boring since the sixth year. Everyone was so casual and quiet and Harry noticed that not one of the Gryffindors was a morning type which for him wasn't a very good thing. Not to think he was a morning type because he wasn't, but still... Although every morning the Eight-Year Common Room was filled with sleepiness and the only students that were completely awake were Ravenclaws, both Slytherins and Hufflepuffs would wake up somewhere in the middle of the breakfast, when most of the Gryffindors were still half asleep over their cereal.

'Harry, will you tell him?' Hermione sighed in annoyance over her fiancé.

'What?'

'Can you please explain to your best friend that Draco Malfoy doesn't give a damn shit about our potion and that the only thing he cares about is what potion he's going to choose when he gets an O?' Hermione explained one more time because her famous friend wasn't really paying attention.

'Mate, ' Harry put a hand on Ron's shoulder ' I can assure you, Malfoy doesn't care about the o he's going to get and he cares even less about your potion. So you can stop worrying and eat something. '

'But if he doesn't care about his grade or my potion, what does he care about?'

And Harry smiled at him and tapped his shoulder few times because no matter how much he wanted to say 'Me' he just could make himself open his mouth. He didn't know why he was so scared of Ron knowing about them, he just was. And he will tell him, one day. Maybe on their wedding day... Maybe. He glanced over the Slytherin one more time catching his eyes for a moment and he couldn't help but grin even wider.