Chapter 22: Bad ideas

It was cold. Harry was shivering as the night air was twirling around him. The cigarette in his mouth was half smoked and his eyes were tired from searching for the stars.

'Harry? Is that you?' he heard a confused voice behind him. The voice was clear but Harry was tired.

When Draco sat in front of him Harry didn't even look at him.

' Can't sleep either?'

Draco shook his head and traced Harry's eyes. The sky looked beautiful. Full of stars and clear. The moon was high up over the Hogwarts' roof and the moonlight was making the fresh snow sparkle.

'I don't know what to do' Harry whispered.

'About what?'

'About everything. About school, about my nightmares, about my life, about this stupid thing in my hand' he threw the cigarette out the window ' About you...'

Draco bit his lip. What is he supposed to answer? He had the words in his head but he wasn't brave enough to say them out loud. Kiss me.

''That cigarette could set the grass on fire' he said instead.

'Draco there is literally snow on the ground'

They sat there in silence until Draco got up and pulled Harry to stand up.

'What are you doing?'

' I know what you're gonna do' Draco said and waited Harry's answer that never came' You're gonna follow me'

And with that two boys started running down the hallways and stairs, the black haired one following blond one's naked feet. Harry had an idea where Draco will take him and when they entered the Slytherin common room he smiled 'cause he was right.

'I've followed you. What now?' Harry asked when they finally started to breathe normally.

Draco, who was still close to Harry bit his lip and looked at his feet.

'I think we both have an idea'

'Do we?' Harry got closer but he couldn't decide if he liked being close to Draco or not.

'We do' Draco got even closer so now he could feel Harry's warm breath on his lips. It was shaky and Draco knew Harry was as nervous and confused as he was. He placed his hands on Harry's shoulders and looked deep into those green gems.

'And what if it's a bad idea?' Harry whispered into Draco's lips. His voice was low, rough and his heart wanted to escape his chest.

'Well, we both know we like bad ideas' Draco whispered in return and brushed his fingers along Harry's jawline.

Draco's heart was going to explode and his little voice was telling him that this is the right opportunity, right time. He had to kiss Harry. He couldn't wait any longer. He had to use his twenty seconds of courage when he still had them. C'mon Draco, you can do this!

So he kissed him. He smashed their lips together and tucked Harry's hair between his fingers. Since Harry was shorter he had to lean down to kiss him but he liked it. He liked their kiss. And so did Harry.

It was a rough kiss, in a heat of the moment, fast and wet. They were kissing, and kissing and kissing... until both of them got out of breath. They separated and took few shaky breaths. Their foreheads were against each other; they were still so close. Their noses were brushing and the feeling of each other's breath was on their lips. Draco still had his hands buried in Harry's soft hair and Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's long neck keeping him close. But it was different close than during those nights. This was different than when Draco would cuddle Harry until they both fell asleep. It was different, it was better.

They started to breath more easily, their heart started to beat slower. Harry leaned in for another kiss. But nice, gentle one this one. It was deep and it sent shivers all over their bodies. As the time passed Harry started to fasten the rhythm. Draco opened his mouth under pressure. Their tongues danced together but Harry's soon became dominant. His tongue explored Draco's mouth for a while before the kiss slowly started to end. Harry sucked on Draco's lower lip before finally letting go.

Harry bit his lip and gave a quick look to Draco before laying his head on Draco's chest and closing his eyes with a sound of Draco's heart slowing down. Draco nuzzled his nose into Harry's neck and inhaled his perfect scent of spring.

Suddenly, Harry's laugh filled the room and Draco's followed soon after because why not. He felt happy and euphoric and relieved. Actually, they both did. They laughed a good minute before calming down. Harry got up from Draco's chest and looked at Draco. The Slytherin looked back.

'Did we just kiss?' Harry bit his lip and Draco just smiled with a nod.

'Was it a bad idea?'

Draco shrugged.

'I don't know yet, but I liked it.'

'I liked it too,' Harry muttered and gave a quick kiss to the boy that was hugging him.

Draco stared at Harry for few moments until Harry couldn't keep his curiosity inside anymore.

'What is it?' he giggled.

'You're too short,' Draco said and started to play with Harry's hair.

'Or you're too tall...' Harry shrugged.

Draco tilted his head and bit his lip; he pretended to think about what Harry just said.

'No. You're definitely too short.'

They chuckled but Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

'Is that a problem?'

'No. I like it,' Draco kissed him. Harry stud on tips of his toes and kissed back.

'So, what now?'

'Honestly Harry, I have no idea, good or bad. But I can tell you one thing.'

'And that is?' Harry chuckled.

'You're a terrible kisser!'

'You're kidding, right?' Harry asked a bit concerned.

'Of course.' Draco walked to the couch near them and sat down.

'Do you think we should go back to our dorm and sleep there or we should sleep here?' Harry sat next to him and laid his head on Draco's shoulder.

'I doubt that anyone will notice that we're gone...'

'And what if they do notice?'

'Nothing. The only one that we should be afraid of noticing is Ella and we could just say that we went where we're going every couple of weeks. That I turned to early.'

'And what about Hermione and Ginny, Luna, Pansy?'

'They won't believe in something they won't see so even if Ella figure out something and tell them, they won't believe it.'

' Thought you're not good at reading people.' Harry cuddled into Draco who laid down on the couch. It was soft and warm and comfortable.

'I'm not.'

Harry yawned and closed his eyes. It must be four in the morning and he was tired. Last few nights weren't the best for him and he barely got any sleep.

'Good night, Draco' he mumbled.

'Harry?'

'Hm?'

'Umm... Can I give you a Good night kiss?' Draco blushed.

Harry nodded and kissed Draco lightly before falling asleep with Draco's arms around him.