Chapter 51: Striving for perfection

A/N:

It's been... um... awhile.

Before I say anything else I want to apologize to anyone who is waiting for me to update and to everyone who just gave up on waiting and reading this. I know it is extremely annoying to keep listening to the excuses of the same sort like school and exams but even though I tried to find time to finally start writing this when I did find some time I used it to relax from all the stress that was going on at the time.

So I am sorry that this update took so long to come and I promise I will try and update more often from now on.

With that said, I would like to warn you about the mature content that this chapter contains as I finally came around to writing some smut. I will put another warning at the beginning of the explicit / nsfw content and let you know on which part of the text you can continue reading if you don't wish to read the smut.

Thanks all, thank you for reading and staying with me and I hope you will enjoy what follows.

Love you,

Iva

_________________________________________

Harry slowly and carefully opened the door to the Slytherin common room after sneaking through the castle gates. The hours of his arrival were early and as all the sane people in Hogwarts were sleeping he decided not to disturb his friends back in the dorm and sleep alone this night. He closed the door behind him and smiled weakly, shaking his head when his eyes fell on the sleeping creature curled up in a soft bundle of blankets that were covering a large flavescent armchair.

His steps were light and quiet as he approached the blond and once there, he crouched in front of the armchair. The blankets were carefully moved from the other boy's face and Harry brushed away the pale locks that might fall into Draco's eyes once he's opened them. Draco always was a light sleeper and it didn't take more than a couple of pecks along his jawline for him to wake up.

He shuffled and turned from his side to face Harry and then groaned while stretching. He silently swore to never sleep in an armchair again; why hadn't he just conjured a bed for Merlin's sake?

"I told you not to wait for me," Harry chuckled now sitting on his feet.

"I told you to bloody apparate home like a normal human being," Draco bit back still a bit grumpy from the soreness that his sleeping position had caused him.

"I had to end the circle. A plane drive home was a metaphor for closing this mess... I explained that already."

"I know, I know...," Draco rolled his eyes. It was too early for all the metaphorical bullshit Harry was trying to make his life into. "But I'm sure that there were earlier planes to catch in the morning or yesterday, or a week ago..."

Now Harry was the one who rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe how possessive Draco had suddenly become.

"They are my friends, Draco and I can spend time with them if I want. And I promised not to do anything stupid and I certainly haven't forgotten about you. On the contrary, I was thinking about you the whole time I was there..."

"Maybe, but was it really necessary for you to be there when Thomas broke up with that girl and even if you had to be there to witness it and get closure on that story did you really need to stay until Friday so you can go out and I mean, Thomas moving back home wasn't really that important and Harry why didn't you come back as soon as you two had that conversation together?"

"You can't be seriously asking me that, Draco... They are my friends and I wanted to spend time with them and if I had left early it would seem like I came just because of Thomas," Harry answered.