Chapter 37: With a cup of tea

{ Saturday, the teatime-part 1}

Sun appeared on the horizon as Harry opened his eyes. It was early. Way too early but somehow he couldn't go back to sleep. The week behind him was more stressful than a first week of the semester should be. He heard sleepy voices outside his grey curtains and he opened them.

Dean, Seamus and Neville wished him good morning. Ron was in the bathroom and Harry could hear the water running in the sink. He laid back on the bed, waiting for Ron to get out while other three boys went to breakfast. It was too early to go to breakfast to him; he didn't plan to go down until about nine and now it was barely seven. When he thought about it, he had no idea why had he woken up so early. And even if he couldn't sleep he could just lay here and stare at the ceiling.

Ron exited the bathroom and let himself fall onto the bed next to Harry's.

'What're you doing up, mate?'

'I don't know... I guess I'm so tired I don't need sleep anymore...' Harry shrugged and turned his head toward his friend. 'You?'

'Hermione and I are going to Hogsmeade for the day so we better go there early; she wants to stay until afternoon.' Ron answered and went to find his cologne in his trunk. 'Wanna come?'

'Nah, I don't want to bother you guys' Harry shook his head and went to put some regular clothes on.

'Well, you can bring your girlfriend and I can finally meet her. It could be like a double date or something... I think girls like those stuff.' Ron offered but Harry said that both he and his "girlfriend" have some plans for the afternoon.

They walked down into the common room and waited for Hermione and Ginny to come down and when they did they all walked to breakfast.

They sat down, Ron and Hermione on the one side and Harry and Ginny on the other. Harry tried to hide the fact that sitting with his back turned toward the rest of the Hall was awful. He prefered to sit on the other side because from there it was much easier to glance over the certain blond across the Hall. He shook the thoughts away and grabbed milk to put it in his coffee.

'Harry, I thought you only drink tea since summer' Ginny said and grabbed a sausage and few eggs.

'I'm meeting someone for tea later today and I have a feeling that we will drink more than a cup or two...' Harry said back and asked Dean to give him raspberry jam. He put butter on the two toasts that were on his plate and then spread the jam on top. He ignored Hermione's comments that he's probably the only person on Earth that eats jam like that and bit a piece while starting to read some article in the Daily Prophet.

'Harry?' Ron called after a while. 'You know, I was thinking...'

'Good for you.' Ginny said and took the newspaper from Harry.

'About what?' Harry asked politely ignoring Ginny's comment.

'About my wedding'

'What about it?'

Ron took a teaspoon and started to stir his orange juice with it.

'I wondered if you would like to be my best man?' Ron barely looked up before blushing.

'Ron, I...' Harry was shocked. I mean, he knew they were best friends, they were brothers to each other but he didn't expect to be Ron's best man. 'I don't know what to say!'

'Say yes please because I really don't know who else to ask.'

'It would be my honour, mate.' Harry smiled 'When's the wedding?'