Chapter 10: Night threat

Harry opened his eyes and removed the duvet from his sweaty body. He slowly got up and headed to the bathroom. He then sat on the closed toilet and tried to breathe deeply to calm himself down. His mind was once again corrupted by dark thoughts and death plans, but he was very proud of himself for keeping them away during the day.

Although, he was fine and pretty much normal, as normal as you can be when you're the "Savior of the Wizarding World", the nights were his weakness.

In the beginning, everything was normal. He would chat with Ron and Neville for awhile before they would all go to sleep. Their days were busy and they would all fall asleep very quickly. Ron would snore and Neville would mumble something in his sleep but Harry would get a few hours of sleep before it would start.

It usually started with him walking toward the Hogwarts castle. He would walk slowly, yet fast enough. The castle would be empty and everything would be silent. He would enter the Great Hall but it would be empty too. There were no living beings in the Hall. Just dead bodies. Bodies all over the floor. Hundreds and hundreds of dead bodies just laying there in a piercing silence.

Then, Harry would start walking around trying to recognize the bodies. He would walk for a while, not recognizing any of them.

Then he would recognize his parents. Then next to them Sirius, Lupin and Pettigrew. Dumbledore and McGonagall would follow. Then Dobby, Fred, George, Ginny, Ron... all the Weasleys. Then Hermione and Luna, Neville, Collin and Dennis Creevey, Seamus and Dean, Parvati, Padma, Lavander, Cedric, Cho...

Everybody that he ever knew, everybody that he ever loved would be on that floor. Dead.

Sometimes the dream would change few faces so there were Ella and Draco and sometimes a few of the teachers but it was always the same.

He would just stand there watching not being able to move. He would hear a crack followed by a sad, low voice.

"You could have saved us, you know..."

It was always someone different. But they always said the same words.

"If you weren't so selfish, you could have saved us. We would be alive and happy. But no, you were too weak to go to the forest earlier."

The first night it was Sirius, second Dumbledore, third Dobby, then Fred. By the end of the dream, the entire Great Hall was filled with screams and crying.

"It's your fault! You could've saved us! You could have sacrificed yourself for the lives of the hundreds! No, you were too selfish to care about others! You only care about yourself! Nobody cares about you! You're weak and you don't deserve pity, empathy, sympathy, or fame! You should've died just like us! Because it's your fault!"

Voices were screaming and whispering at the same time. Coming from everywhere and nowhere. Just surrounding him.

Then Harry would lay down and cry.

'It's just a dream... It's not real...I need to wake up... It's just a dream...'

But it wouldn't help. Once his tears would disappear, he would just lay there until some of the corpses would stand over him.

"You should've just died Harry..."

Then Harry would hear a gunshot and he would wake up. And that repeated every single night for two weeks.

He'd been sitting on the toilet for awhile trying not to think about the most recent nightmare, but it didn't want to leave his head. It was his mother who killed him this time. Her eyes looked so happy to finally get rid of him. Just like every night, Harry heard a knock on the bathroom door. And just like always, he didn't answer. Ron's head, like each night before, peaked through the door and looked at Harry. Ron quietly walked toward Harry and sat on the edge of the tub.