Chapter 42: A friend that wants to be a healer

{Valentine's Day, morning-Part 1}

The sky exploded in colours of red and pink to match levitating hears above the Great Hall. The blushing was spreading, giggles were tripled, couples were around every corner and Harry had never been moodier.

Of course, he was alone at breakfast and of course the only people who went to breakfast grunting about loneliness and stupidity of Valentine's Day but he just wanted it to be over and gone and he wanted his normal breakfast back.

The cereal in his bowl transformed into bright pink when they touched the milk, cakes and muffins replaced eggs and sausages and usually sleepiness seemed to affect just him this morning when the rest of the castle woke up early enough to get a snogging session, try hiding the fresh hickies from that morning and then changing so it would be visible under a turtleneck.

He rolled his eyes when another owl landed in the middle of the Gryffindor table. She stared at him with her bright red eyes and he looked back waiting for her to leave-she blocked his way to the orange juice.

But she didn't leave but put her leg out for him to take the message.

He rolled out the piece of paper and read the letters written in Draco's morning handwriting.

Lovely day, Valentine's Day... isn't it? Well, I hope you don't expect me to announce our wedding to the Great Hall or bring you flowers because I think that celebrating 14th of February is the ridiculous thing ever imagined.

But, as we are dating and I want to show you my incredible love for you, I bought you something and I have planned this thing I think you would like.

So would you fancy coming to the Slytherin common room today at five?

Love you every day not just on this bloody Wednesday, 

the one that would go buy you flowers in four in the morning just because they would match well with fictional curtains that you dreamt of that night

A grin came across Harry's face, a grin so wide all his teeth were visible even across the hall. He didn't even notice that his cheeks have turned red so bright that his soggy cereal looked grey compared to the Chosen One's face.

He took a quill and a new piece of paper and then wrote few words:

Are you asking me on a date?

Love you more, 
the one that fell in love with your fluffiness

He folded it into a paper swan and charmed it to fly across the Great Hall until it reached its destination in Draco's lap.

Just answer the question, you moron- Draco wrote back.

The swan flew back changing into an eagle somewhere in the middle of the Hall when it flew over the Ravenclaw table.

Fine, fine, I'll let you impress me but I surely doubt a Ferret can make me blush...

Harry smiled into the note he wrote and threw it back.

Need a mirror, Scarface?

Harry touched his cheeks loosely and turned to Neville.

' Am I blushing?'

Neville got his eyes up from the Daily Prophet with boredom in his eyes. He didn't like all the pink in the air and the flowers but he sure liked the big amounts of chocolate that were covering the table.