T W E N T Y F O U R

I close the door and slide to the floor, my knees pulling up to my head. I sob into my fluffy red cashmere sweater , soaking in dry salty tears.

JACK'S POV:
I just stare straight at the commisery of the white door. Eventually I slide against the wall, facing the door, tears sprouting from my eyes. Random thoughts of us being together showered my mind. Why did I leave her after new years? Why was I moving away from her? All the answers I needed couldn't peace together, they were missing a peace every time. Every thought.

Through the crack of the door I see a light. A torch of phone maybe? Or the future of us ahead of me, just out reach of me. Alone.

Paisley POV:
I press the home button, to see my lock screen. No messages. Nothing from Jack in the last 3 minutes of my life. I pull up my messages, talking to Jack.

Baby:
I love you and I am making the right decision. I need time to get my career on track again. I'm going to rent your apartment until we go to Australia. If fate brings us together over the trip, it'll be our forever, and if not, I had my fun with you even though we didn't actually date.

Outside the door I head Jack's phone go off. I also heard the tear roll down his cheek, in dramatic form that the angels death could hear. I had killed his heart. I recognise the sound because it's like thunder cracking through the sky, the sound of heart break.

I turn and peak through the key whole. I reveal Jack with his head between his knees, crying his eyes out.

I hinge open the door and smile at him. He doesn't look up, not realising I was there. Quietly, I get up and sit next to him. His head still doesn't move. I lean my head against his shoulder. I could feel his head shake with sorrow. "Jack, I need to sort my life out. I can't do that with a relationship in the way" I whisper in his ear, putting my hand on his shoulder. He puts his hands in his pocket and gets up, pulling his hat firmly onto his head. He offers me a hand and I take it willingly. Before I could turn back, Jack pulled me close and I waited for our lips to meet. But they didn't. 

I open my eyes to see Jack's smile fold into his face. He presses his thumb against my cheek, which caused me to blush. "I don't know how I forgot you were so beautiful" he says - "even with your eyes shut tight, looking expectant, you still look amazing".

Which is when our lips meet in the centre. "See you next week, then?" He asks. "Well, you're not leaving yet, are you?". He smiles down to himself. "Are we actually doing this?". "Jack, I want to talk about how this going to work. And we can film some videos at the same time, yeah?" I say sternly. He looks disappointed, but the churn of happiness was still there. "Alright".

JACK'S POV

Did that just happen? The thought of me with her makes me happy, but there isn't anything to be happy about. She's saying no. She's telling me she needs to sort out her life before she can have me. I'm her poise.  The thing she's been after all along.

(This is now back to Paisleys POV)

-
24th January

Mum:
Charlie's coming down to London with some exciting news!

Paisley:
Is she bringing Mands and the gang?

Mum:
No I've got them. - but she is bringing Josh.

My mum is the only person I've heard of in days. Jack settled into his new flat, Abbie and Joe setting up things for her mum to look after there kids while they're gone, and every else has disappeared from my life right now. And I miss that. I miss being around them.The only good thing I've done is post some new content and got my fans roaring for more again.

Next stop. Australia. I've got a whole load of stuff to think about. And it's only just beginning ....

A/N
*RANT*
Well, it's not really a rant but yeah.
My music/ it teacher died a year ago today. Nobody (*meaning teachers) seems to remember that it's today. When we were told, it broke many people's hearts, including mine. Rest in piece Mr. Bysouth, a great friend, husband, father and teacher to us all, never forgotten and always part of our hearts❤😭.

Anyway, Angels can't die (my other book) is on hold r/n. I'm trying to update this more, so that's going slow.

On a happier note, 500+ reads!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH TY ALL FOR THE READS AND SUPPORT❤. See y'all soon

Lx