Auntie Paisley | Bonus 1

We got the call half past midnight. Jack and I were asleep in our brand new bed, in our new room, in our new house.

*Buzz Buzz*

"Hello?" A groggy Jack says next to me. His arm had left my waist, which made me go cold. I sit up to look at the expression on his face.

"What Conor? Slow down" he says again. His lips starts to form a smile. "Alright, see you in about 10 minutes". I look at Jack. He just gets up and starts putting on clothes. "What you looking at gorgeous?" He teases, before pecking me on the nose.

Once dressed, he grabs one side of the duvet and yanks, pulling the bed from underneath me. I fell onto the floor the other side. As soon as I hit the floor I hear Jack chuckle. "It's not funny" I say,  standing up and changing into some different clothes.

Once in the car, I ask "Where  are we actually going?" I ask again. He nods towards a sign on the corner of tea street. It read 'hospital -》'."Oh" I say with a grin on my face.

~*~
"Room 423" the caramel coloured nurse assistant says. Jack nods and takes hold of my hand. "This will be us in about a year" he whispers. I give him a small smile. The thought of having a child didn't scare me, it was that if we had kids early, we wouldn't be able to have a proper life. I mean, there's nothing wrong with having children young but I dread of being house bound.

His grip tightens as we reach the door. "It's okay babe" I say. The door suddenly swings open and a trembling Conor appears. He then jumps onto Jack for a hug. I see his face, strewn with tears. Happy ones. "Wow, Con, is it here yet?" Jack asks, letting go of my hand to hug Conor back.

He nods. "I came out to ring Mum and Dad. They've been on the road for about an hour and a half" he says. Jack looks at Conor and nods. Conor steps into the hallway and pushes me inside. "Go in" he laughs. I poke my head around the corner of the curtain. I stood in awe. Rosie and the baby were the cutest things.

"You wanna hold" She asks. I nod nervously.  I sit beside her bed in a hard orange hospital chair. As she passes him to me, she tells me his name "This is Rhydian Jake Maynard, quarter Welsh and three quarters English". I cup his head in the stoop of my elbow and stare at his little pink face.

"Wow". I look up to see Jack staring at me.

-Jack-
Paisley was sat in the chair next to Rosie's bed, holding a baby. She looked amazing. Natural. Comfortable.

She blushes, once noticing me stood there. I walk and stand over the chair, putting one hand on Paisley's shoulder.

We sit likes this for about 10 minutes. That's when Mum and Dad walk in. "Aw, Gary. She looks so natural" Mum whispers, indicating to her. I shake my head. Mum's seak for grandchildren astonish us all. Anna doesn't even want kids, and when mum found out she yelled at her, which of course made us all laugh.

"Auntie Paisley is in transaction again" I laugh. She smiles up at me.

"Uncle Jack and Auntie Paisley. Don't you feel left out?" She jokes. I nod and grab her waist as soon as she gives the baby back.

"I love you" Paisley murmurs.

"I love you too, aunt P"

Starting over | JackMaynardOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara