Mrs Leighton reached out a hand to stroke her daughters soft curls " I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I promised it wouldn't happened again, "  Hannah had received harsh scolding from her mother yesterday after Mrs Leighton discovered that all her herbs including the ones used for tea in the morning were destroyed. " now go sit with your doll and wait for my return. "

Hannah slowly obliged and watched with a frowned as her mother picked up her basket and left the house. What should she do now? She was getting tired of playing by herself. It was no fun, her brother always decline her offer saying playing was for children and he got better things to do. "Lady Laura, what should we do today?"  She stared at the redheaded doll, with a smile. " I think it's a wonderful idea!"  Hannah leaped from her tiny chair and raced towards the bedchamber door. The door squeal opened and she stuck her head inside, blond curls fell over her shoulders, eager to get a glimpse as well, with a dimpled smile she stepped inside closing the door behind her.

"She's very pretty don't you think Lady Laura?" she whispered, with caution she climb on top of the bed, now sitting beside the lady who lay in deep slumber. She reached out and touched blond curls as her own that stretch across the pillow. Hannah twirled the hair between her fingers with a pensive frowned. Shouldn't she be awake by now? It's been a day since she hadn't drank any bad herbs. Given the consistency in which her mother used to feed the lady, it shows that the tea wasn't as strong as one thought. With this thought in mind Hannah was determine to wake this princess from her sleep.

Tiny fingers pinched Jennifer's cheeks, stirring her out of unconsciousness. Her eyes fluttered open several times before she could get adjusted to light, in the strange room. A premature gasp caught her notice and she averted her gaze to meet a beautiful little girl with long blond curls cascaded behind her back. Her tiny arms wrapped securely around a rag doll with red hair, she wore a lovely smile that didn't shy far from her green eyes.

Jennifer studied her for a moment. Where was she? She felt so weak, her arms could barely moved to hoister her on her elbows."Hi am Hannah" she introduced, " I was wondering why you weren't awake? You aren't drinking anymore bad herbs."

What bad herbs? Someone tried to poison her? Impossible! Jennifer lay back down, the last thing she remembered was being shot....on instinct her hands cautiously travelled down to her abdomen where a bandage was wrapped beneath her dress.

"Don't you talk Lady?" Hannah's tiny forehead creased and she twisted her head sideways. " ...oh I know what you need...will be right back." She sing as she jumped of the bed.

Jennifer watched as she skipped merrily out the room. Was this child alone? She looked at her surrounds with curiosity, the only furniture was the bed she was lying on and  a small desk beside it. A small crack at the window allowed light to stream through hitting the lower half of her body.  Jennifer struggled to sit upright the physical task caused her breath to grew laboured. She needed to get out of bed, thank her saviours and find her husband. Immediately.

Halley's probably scared to death. She groaned.

Little Hannah came back to the room, balancing a huge glass of water in her tiny hands. The cup rock back and forth, allowing water to spilled around her hands as she slowly walked towards Jennifer. "Here" Jennifer gingerly took the glass of water, which she desperately  gulped down. Her parched throat welcome the soothing liquid like a starved beast.

"Thank you" her hands covered her mouth as she muffled a slight cough.

" you're welcome "  Hannah took her doll from under her arm and held it close to her chest. That wasn't enough, without warning she crawled on top the bed and reclined next to Jennifer. " I like your hair" she smiled, fingering the curls that brushed over Jennifer's shoulders. " wanna have tea with me?" Her eyes pleading with her. Please say yes