23

Vic's POV

We played a few games of football and then sat around in the grass. I looked up at the sky that wasn't as clear blue as a few hours ago but was still the perfect weather. Chase, Ashley and CC went home after a few games.

"You okay?" I heard a female voice ask from behind me. I spun my head a little to see Jordan coming to sit with me. I smiled and looked up at the sky again.

"I'm worried" I admitted looking down at the floor and picking a few blades of grass.

"About Mike and Elle right?" She asked me again, looking down. I looked at her face with a puzzled look.

"How did you" I stopped mid sentence when she smiled widely at me flipping her hair behind her shoulders.

"I can see it in your eyes, plus I am too. You're worried either for Elle because she's interested in Mike, or you're worried for Mike because she did something that Mike doesn't know......like, she kissed you" I looked up at Jordan in horror, did Elle say something? what if she tells Mike and he thinks I'm going to steal her from him?

"Calm down Vic, we don't even know if they like like each other or if they're just being friendly" Jordan tried to reassure me placing her hand on my leg for comfort.

"Actually, I do, they slept in the same bed last night" I hissed trying not to gain the attention of the others.

"So? Me and Tony did? I'm not fucking him behind people's backs am i?" She hissed back. I sighed and shook my head.

'"I covered for them, yesterday, they went shopping, and got us food but didn't you notice they didn't eat themselves? Because they went on a date, Mike asked me to cover for them while they went for a fancy meal" I shouted at her, clenching my fists in anger. I looked at her for a moment. Shock plastered her face, she stood up and walked back inside the house looking back at me with fear in her eyes. Well done Vic.

Jordan's POV

I don't know whether to be angry at Elle for not saying a word or be scared because Vic got angry, like my dad used to. I sighed and sat on the counter in the kitchen. Someone walked in and stood by the table but I didn't look up to see who.

"What's up?" Mike's voice echoed through the kitchen. I looked up at him with a straight face.

"Are you and Elle going on dates? tell me the truth Mike or I'll ask her, she never lies to me" I sniffled only just realising I was crying.

"Yes but that's not why you're crying is it, tell me, what did Vic say?" Mike asked casually going to grab a crate of beer.

"The way Vic shouted, reminds me of my dad, he used to shout before.... before he hit me or my mum, when my mum left he stopped until he found a new girlfriend, this time she never got hit, she would hit me too, when my dad wasn't there or he was drunk off his ass and couldn't see where the fuck I was, every time someone shouted, I'd flinch and no one had really shouted at me for a long time, he just scared me, thanks for telling me the truth but I still think you should tell everyone that you too are going out, just to see if you will work? It will make everything easier, I promise" I smiled and waited for him to speak again.

"Okay, but I should ask Elle first and hey, don't cry, I got your back" he lifted my chin up and grinned. I couldn't help but grin back.

"Thanks Mike" I whispered following him outside and going to sit with Tony who was only too glad to sit with me.

"Hey Jordan" Elle's weak voice came from beside me.

"Yes?" I snapped coldly.

"Sorry, I just, Mike um told me you wanted to talk?" She whispered even weaker. What is up with her?

"Yes, why the fuck did you lie about going out with Mike?" I asked coldly. Everyone stopped and looked at her waiting for her to answer.

"I..I um" Her lip quivered and her eyes started welling up.

"Well? did you just want to fuck him behind my back and wait till I caught you?" I snapped again with a hint of anger in my voice.

"Don't act like I've done something to you!! I didn't say because I wan" she paused mid sentence and looked at the sky and stopped.

"You know what, Fuck You, just Fuck You Jordan, you've always been so fucking pissed at me whenever I have something good happen in my life, I can't deal with your shit right now and you know that!!" She smacked my cheek hard and stopped a tear falling down her own cheek then ran into the house.

"What does that mean?" Tony asked. I shook my head until, it hit me, Ryan, it's his birthday...today. Every year, she would become even more depressed than she was usually and for some reason, she never told anyone how the fire that killed him started, she always blamed herself.

"She needs someone who can stop her, from blaming herself again" I rubbed my cheek and shook my hair around.

"What do you mean?" Mike asked throwing his cigarette on the floor and stomping on it.

"She blames herself, every year for Ryan's death, she's never told anyone who started that fire" I spoke sadly.

"Maybe...it was her" Jaime whispered. I glared at him with a stern look.

"No, she wouldn't have, I always said it was her dad, but she'd always deny it" I whispered back.

"I'll go see her" Mike suggested walking away.

"What if it was her, she was 10 years old Tony, 10 years old" I started to cry thinking about how scared she was when she came to the home without Ryan there to keep her safe.

"Ryan" Elle's voice whispered from behind us. Mike was holding her around the waist kissing her hair and hushing her and stroking her hair.

"What?" I asked her hardly able to see her face from hiding behind Tony's frame

"He set the fire, he told me, he had to leave, but he'd wait for me to understand before he tells me why, that was when I was 9, when I was 10 he told me to go out with mum and dad because he had to do something, it wasn't until we got home I understood, he was never going to tell me, and he couldn't, I never knew he did it until I was 15..when I got a letter from my dad telling me he did it" She looked at me and smiled.

"Why didn't you ever say, I would have helped you" I stopped crying and wiped my eyes.

"Because, he killed himself and his girlfriend, people were scared I would try the same, but with all of you who lived with me, I couldn't take it, loosing you too" She smiled and looked up at Mike.

"I just, I've never got over it, but I suppose I should move on, and by the way, Mike took me on a date, sorry I didn't tell you" She smiled and walked towards me giving me a quick hug.

"Sorry for going mad, you just always scared me, sometimes I thought, I thought you would" I struggled to even say the words.

"Don't say it, I stopped myself from doing it because you helped me" She smiled and mimed a thank you.

"Okay, can we like, cuddle each other until Kellin gets here" I asked everyone rushing towards the doors.

Mike's POV

"Babe, you're always safe here, I'm always here for you" I kissed her quickly a few times making her giggle and shout stop at me.

"Happy?" I whispered into her ear.

"I am now" She whispered back brushing her lips against my own.

"Tease" I hushed placing my fingers against her lips.

"Come on, cuddles sounds great" I said pulling her towards me and through the door.

"And in comes the lovebirds, here, you guys have the little sofa" Vic bowed and moved to sit next to Jaime and Tony.

"Shut up" I whined pushing him over so he landed on Tony's lap.

Cuddles.