1

Okay, so i won't be doing this little Author Note on many pages, only a few so you don't need to worry about missing anything out. Hope you like this story, i like writing it and i'll upload when I can. :D

Elle's POV

It was the last day of school before summer, or for me my last day of school before I get the fuck outta here. I'm 17 and now is my time to leave school and this care home, I've been in care ever since I lost my older brother in a house fire and my mother and father couldn't take care of me.

I was 10 when I first got put into a home and I've never had any friends. Okay that's a lie, I have one friend, Jordi. She's a little older than me and left school when she was 17, last year, leaving me so she could live with her then boyfriend, she left him about 6 months after and now we live in a flat in London, which is owned by the care system but is still like our own place.

"Hey Elle, get your arse outta bed, you gotta go, I've got to go to the shop but i'll be home by dinner, i'll buy us something for the flight, it's our last day in this hell hole remember" Jordi screamed as she ran through my room which linked to hers and the kitchen through a broken door and a cracked door frame. I broke it throwing something at the wall......my laptop actually.

"KAY, I'M UP, SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN MOUTH AND GO TO WORK WOMAN" I managed to slip myself onto the floor and drag myself into the bathroom. After all the shit we've been through, we're going to live our dream, we're being transferred to a new place, still ran by the care system for the people who want to find a 'better life' as they call it so we don't feel like we've been chucked out.

I heard the door close and waited for the coffee machine to make my vanilla coffee. I sat down on my bed, drinking my coffee. I left a small sip in my mouth savoring the taste, I swallowed the now luke warm sip and drank the rest quickly. I placed my clothes neatly on my bed and grabbed my straighteners plugging them in. I ran into the bathroom and took a 5 minute shower. The water went cold after that because that's the type of shit we have to deal with in this place, But not for long.

I ran a brush through my hair and noticed it needed bleaching again, Jordi always does my hair, it's her thing I suppose. I dried my hair and straightened it. I didn't want to go to school, but I had no choice. I threw my bag on my back and locked our room placing an earphone into my left ear and then shoved my beanie on my head.

The breeze tickled the back of my neck and caused my hair to fly into my eyes. I felt them water. Well I suppose eye liner has to smudge on your last day, doesn't have to be because your leaving people behind, I won't be leaving anyone behind. I reached the gate early as I always do and walked towards the front of the school. No-one talks to me, no-one even gives me a glance, I suppose unless you knew who I was, you wouldn't really care and as I stick to myself, no-one needs to pay me any attention and that's the way I like it.

"Welcome everyone, now I have some good news" Mr. Jackson spoke as we all sat in random seats. I had a seat in the back, no one sat in the back, because I owned this space.

"Some of you will be allowed to leave early, I have a list here from the head, i'll place it on the door so be sure to check if your name is on it and everyone, enjoy your last day" He looked at us and took his glasses off his big sharp nose. For I moment, his eyes softened and his lips looked like they were about to form a smile, but as I suspected, his face went back to an old grumpy guy who looked a bit like the Grinch.

It was dinner time and I could leave in 5th lesson, I was gonna miss the horribly uncomfortable chairs and the food that tasted like rubber....not!

Time went by so slow, I looked at the clock every time I felt it had been a while, yet it had only been 5 minutes each time.

2:30. YES!!

"Miss, i'm leaving now" I stood up and almost skipped through the door, Into the hall way and out of the school gates. Jordi would be home, all I need to do is pack the things I used this morning and then we can leave. I walked faster remembering that Jordi and i had to be out of the home by 3 and that our Social worker Kevin would be picking us up meaning we'd be at the airport by about 4 ish. I waltzed into the lift seeing a few people on the way who would have to stay here for another two years, i was finally at our floor and the doors opened slowly making me almost burst because i was so exited.

"I'M BACK!!" I screamed running into the flat and grabbing ym school bag. I tipped everything onto the floor and grabbed make-up, straighteners, curlers, my spare set of head phones, my phone and all my stuff from the bathroom.

"Are you ready? Kev's here so we can leave and here, i got you some monster munch and a bottle of water and some sleeping pills, you can charge your phone and ipod with this here you go" She passed me the ipod charger and the adaptor and we got into the car ready to leave all this shit behind. I smiled as I watched all the scenery of London go past me. All the places i'll never see again gone. Good bye London.